New Build failing to boot - constant RED CPU light - gigabyts mobo

Associate
Hi Everyone really looking for some assistance please. (Hope this is the right place to post)

I bought a whole new setup listed below:

Mobo - Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra
Cpu - AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
RAM - vengeance pro 2×8GB 3200MHz
PSU - Corsair HX750
SSD - NVMe - Aorus 512GB

The graphic card is second hand but confirmed working - GTX1070 Zotac (temp graphic card)

Installation went smooth - but when I power on the PC everything lights up and all my fans spin including the ones on the GPU. My mouse and keyboard also light up. However when I switch it on there is a red light that comes on immediately on the motherboard indicating that thers is a problem with the CPU.

There is also no display on the monitor and no beeps (no speaker on this mobo or POST on this mobo - silly)

Sadly I have no other components to swap any of the ones out to test.

I have-
Made sure all the power cables are connected properly.
8pin on mobo is connected to the 8pin on psu
4pin on mobo is connected below 8pin on psu (4+4 socket)
Gpu is connected using 6+2 and connected to a solid 8pin on psu
Everything else has been removed for now.

Removed the CPU fan and CPU - no bent pins.
CPU is plugged into correct port on mobo not CPU_OPT

RAM - have I placed into different slots. But manual says to use A2 and B2 first which is their current position. I have also tried using only on ram stick.

Removed CMOS battery - also tried using the screwdriver method as suggested in the manual.

Have removed the GPU and tried using onboard graphics.

Flashing BIOS has been suggested excpt I cant get a display so not sure how to even do that?

Is there any other ideas please... such a bummer. I have built my own PC before but never been this unlucky.

TIA

http://imgur.com/TXWelYp

Last edited:
Sadly I have no piezo-electric buzzer but have ordered one off Amazon which should arrive tomorrow. I'm sure that would help a lot to narrow it down.

As for the cooler it's well seated the clips can only go one one way. And flipping over the wraith prizm clip is not an easy job does feel a bit extreme. As for dirt etc this is a new board so cant see where that would have come from. I unpacked it and started the build so there wasnt time for dust build up etc.

I have rebuilt outside the box with only attaching the minimum to the board.

Removed the CMOS battery then used a screwdriver to short the CLR_CMOS pins. Inserted one RAM stick and started it all up leaving it to run for about 5-10mins. I can see the graphic card fans spin and stop and then start again. I'm guessing this is showing that it's in a boot loop?

Still no display or boot. I can see my monitor pick up something on the HDMI slot as it switches to it automatically but then goes to sleep mode.

The red cpu light however is still on during all of this.

Thanks for the response guys.

I have since RMA'd the motherboard - which was tested and confirmed to be DoA.

However received my new board today and after setting everything up it all boots perfectly - so YAY for that.. Sadly after a couple seconds of boot the CPU fan stops spinning. I checked the BIOS and it seems that the temparature its reading for the cpu is minus 55 degress (-55)

I did a BIOS update to the latest available - F4i if i am correct. still no luck

I then plugged the cpu fan into a sys_fan to ensure it doesnt over heat and installed windows.

Using speedfan - and placing the fan back into cpu_fan doesnt show anything.

Please let me know if there are some alternatives... really hoping this isnt another RMA..

I have taken pictures just no idea how to share them here.

thanks for the help as always

Hi GIGA-Man

Correct using the stock cooler - AMD Wraith Prism.

I have RMA'd the board again. So hopefully 3rd time lucky..

Thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom