460w Akasa Ultra quiet PSU
Asus P5LD2 Deluxe
Asus EN7300GT silent
3.33ghz celeron
Arctic freezer 7 pro cooler
1 gig ocz ram with copper heatsink
samsung sata2 250gig HD
NEC label flash DVD rewriter.

Now i've had this system setup on another case a coolermaster and the screen was fine only swapped to te mystic case as i couldn't get a PSU larger than 350w in the coolermaster (non standard atx size).
Its connected to a philips lcd tv via a HDMI cable, and i can't get rid of this damn greeny haze its even there on bootup and bios, i can make out some colours but its all hazed by like a green smog.

Any ideas ?

Oh i also get a cpu fan error every now and then on bootup any ideas on that one as well, the heatsink and fan seen to installed ok, were a bugger to fit though.

Last edited:
Associate
Darkknight29 said:
Fixed the green screen prob, must have been the cable

yeah if ever your screen goes a dodgy colour even at boot up it is more than likely to be the cable. i had a similar problem with a crt monitor and then it died because the wires inside the cabe had been completely damaged.

makes you wonder why most crt monitors seem to have the cable fixed to them instrad of a removable one

Soldato
sic6six said:
makes you wonder why most crt monitors seem to have the cable fixed to them instrad of a removable one
The same reason pretty much nothing is made to last these days, so that you are forced to buy another :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
all sorted now anyway, the fan problem was a bios setting that was supposed to lower the fan rpm to make it quieter, which it did but the bios then didn't like it too low and shouted out error error.
Pretty quiet anyway without it.

Very sweet system now hooked up on a philips 32 inch lcd, and only about twice as high as a DVD player.

Gonna test it for a week for stability then flog it on ebay and see what i get for it :)

Associate
j00ni said:
The same reason pretty much nothing is made to last these days, so that you are forced to buy another :rolleyes:

too true.

or if your good with electronics you can rape an old monitor of its cable and fix it onto the other one

Back
Top Bottom