New build. Help me troubleshoot random BSOD errors

Associate
Hi. Could someone be so kind as to help me troubleshoot my new PC build?

I have recently built an almost completely new PC
CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x3d
MOBO: MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI (latest stable BIOS, but I have tested with different versions as well)
RAM: 2x Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB CMT32GX5M2B6000Z30K - 64GB
Storage: Lexar NM790 4TB SSD, M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4x4 NVMe
GPU: MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 4080 (from old rig)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1000W (from old rig)

The problem:
Random BSOD errors, sometimes even during Windows 11 install. Sometimes the system is stable for up to 2 hours, sometimes it will BSOD a few minutes after boot. Here are some examples of the recent ones:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION What failed: win32kfull.sys
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what failed: ntoskrnl.exe
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

What I have tried so far:
I originally thought this is RAM-related, as the first problem after building the PC I have encountered was that the system would not boot with 4 sticks of RAM and EXPO enabled, so I started to overclock manually and I assumed the BSODs were the result of an unstable overclock. I have noticed however that even when overclocking was very stable in MemTest86+ and Windows Memory Diagnostic BSOD's would still occur very frequently. Then to rule out memory being the problem, I removed one pair of RAM sticks and cleared the CMOS. The issue persists with both pairs, and I have again tested the memory in the default configuration using Windows Memory Diagnostic, completing 4 advanced tests, with 0 detected problems.
I have then re-installed the Windows again, and I have refrained from installing any drivers apart from what Windows downloaded itself.
The system run for about 2 hours then it BSOD'd.
I have then installed Chipset drivers directly from AMD and graphics drivers from Nvidia but crashes still happen.
I am currently running just 2 sticks in DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots as per MOBO's User Manual. EXPO is disabled, stock speed of 4800MT's. All BIOS settings are defaults after CMOS clear.

I have reached the end of the road as apart from replacing MOBO I have no other ideas ho to find out what is causing these problems

Here are some dumps from the system: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1upMECIYQ0z_31PpN6K1I0JB-WotYoe4u/view?usp=drive_link

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can you clarify, have you ran the memory with just 2 sticks installed in the recommended slots and with EXPO (and any manual overclocking) disabled? (i.e. operating at the stock 4800 MT/s)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can you clarify, have you ran the memory with just 2 sticks installed in the recommended slots and with EXPO (and any manual overclocking) disabled? (i.e. operating at the stock 4800 MT/s)
Yes, I am currently running just 2 sticks in DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots as per MOBO's User Manual. EXPO is disabled, stock speed of 4800MT's. All BIOS settings are defaults after CMOS clear.

Man of Honour
Yes, I am currently running just 2 sticks in DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots as per MOBO's User Manual. EXPO is disabled, stock speed of 4800MT's. All BIOS settings are defaults after CMOS clear.
And this is the config you ran for 2 hours and then got a BSOD, or?

Associate
OP
And this is the config you ran for 2 hours and then got a BSOD, or?
Yes. I have removed the 2 sticks of ram yesterday morning and re-installed Windows with just that. It run fine for about 2 hours during which I have not installed anything, I wanted to observe if the problem starts after installing some particular driver. But there was BSOD, after which I have decided to install the Chipset and graphical drivers. These occurred since:
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Man of Honour
What does CPU-Z say for the manufacturer of your memory?

Do you have any WHEA errors in the event viewer?

Can you show the smart info from CrystalDiskInfo?

Are you using a riser for your graphics card? If so, try setting the PCI-E Gen to Gen 3.0.

Is the AMD IGP disabled in the BIOS? If it is not, has it installed the IGPU drivers?

Do you have any RGB/motherboard software installed?

Soldato
Just so you consider it, I had half of these BSOD's after swapping my 7900 non X for a 7900X, I couldnt even get into windows, the only thing that changed was the CPU, so guess which part came straight out and went back after fighting with it for an hour, I got (from what I can remember):

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Every reboot and adjustment just lead to a different BSOD and as I said before, I never made it into windows with that CPU

Put my 7900 non X back in and its still running fine as I type this.

Last edited:
Soldato
try windows 10? or update windows as soon as you install win 11, to me if it is bsoding during win11 install then it is applying bad drivers to start with try gwtting an upto date win11 installation onto usb maybe

Associate
OP
It was a new build so difficult to pinpoint the latest changed item to lay the blame on. In the end, I have decided that the Motherboard was the cheapest to replace and at the same time the most likely item to cause these issues. I have changed to a different brand (Asus, which I was trying to avoid) and the system is rock solid now.

Man of Honour
It was a new build so difficult to pinpoint the latest changed item to lay the blame on. In the end, I have decided that the Motherboard was the cheapest to replace and at the same time the most likely item to cause these issues. I have changed to a different brand (Asus, which I was trying to avoid) and the system is rock solid now.
I wonder if it was related to this:

Back
Top Bottom