New build need help

Associate
OP
I can increase budget, was just going buy the graphics card tomorrow was looking at the super 2080 i think for £800 then rest build weekly as i get paid weekly.. Unless you can suggest a better card just as good.

4K and VR down the line if possible i know its mostly down to the the monitor etc but have 4K tv that can use lol. Just need a build that will have no issues running most games at the highest graphical detail. Just don't want to buy something which will struggle. Again thank you everyone

Associate
OP
@Kevin Matthews you're better off not overstretching your finances. just buy the best you can afford now. rather than some omgwtfmonster pc.
i guarantee you 2 years down the line, there'll be something better and greater.

Well that's true i suppose lol what you recommend mate,. Bit of guidence or recommendations be greatly appreciated. Be buying parts next Thursday

Associate
OP
All
3600 has a higher single-core performance, also ram doesn't affect performance on the 3600 as much as the 2700.
Multicore-wise, 2700 is slightly faster than the 3600 (8 slower cores is better than 6 faster cores).
But for gaming, 3600 is faster, because single core performance still matters a lot.

TL;DR version: for gaming, get the 3600.
All I'll be doing is gaming, so happy with built you suggested for gaming with it be capable of mate?

Associate
OP
had the kids all weekend whilst i let the wife build ikea furniture at 6 months pregnant - oh and paint the walls too.... I looked far worse. Apologies to anyone in Aberdeen park that had to witness myself perform CPR on a doll and my girl crash her dolls pram into a tree and then started crying doll wouldnt wake up- then chase after my son who was unleashed on his bike in public for the first time !

BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,306.75 (includes shipping: £0.00)

4k monitor - techincally 2080 rtx can do 4k but between 40-60fps, its the 2080ti that hits 60fps min

ryzen 2600 can be had for £120 and ryzen 2700 non X for £180

had to drop to ryzen 2600- to be honest at 4k- should be fine

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,291.89 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Awh decisions, out of the three which you personally go for? Just about click the trigger for the amd rt lol

Associate
OP
I don't know what go for lol have 800 now until Thursday. Was gonna order the important parts in the build lol as i said previous in no rush to get it build lol just these alternative options im doubting myself.. Is ray tracing a big notice? Also if use personally what would use do?

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom