New build - new turf

Associate
Hello guys.

I moved in to a new build just before Christmas and the turf is not looking great.

Seems like there has been some shrinkage and very uneven, like 2 or 3 inches of difference, not good for a 3 year old running about.

I'm going to speak to the developer about it and might insist it is all redone if nothing can be done to correct it.

This is the point of the thread, try to fix it or just have it redone, regardless of who pays?

What I want is a nice lawn for my son to pay on, right now it's no where near.

Thanks.

Associate
Re-do. if your not paying for it, then why bother trying to fix it and the hassle of just about making it ok and satisfactory, it should be perfect for a new house. Make sure you keep on kicking up a fuss and grabbing the site manager every time you see them to ask about it otherwise they'll probably try to fob you off and just hope you go away. He who shouts loudest in these situations get the results.

Soldato
Ive had my turf re layed 3 times in my new build property (not at my expense) and it died again over christmass so have just had them back again to dig a soak away around garden and replace with fake grass.

Keep at them untill you get what you want. Make sure you report everything before the first year is up and then they cant worm out of anything

Soldato
Honestly, if they won't pull up a good 3 inches of top soil and replace with with decent stuff rather than clay and bricks then you don't stand a chance of the grass staying in decent nick. You'll also probably need some drainage. I've just spent £1k doing exactly that on my 2 year old new build.

Back
Top Bottom