New build not booting....

Soldato
Hi,

Specs:

Antec SLK3800BUK Black Quiet Midi Tower Case - 400W SmartPower PSU (CA-048-AN) 50
Pioneer DVR-111DBK 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter - (Black) OEM (CD-038-PO) 26.32
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300GB ST3300831A ATA-100 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-025-SE) 55.17
Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop v2.1 - OEM (KB-052-MS) 23.44
Asus A8N-VM CSM Micro ATX (Socket 939) PCI Express Motherboard (MB-119-AS) 59
GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5 - £58
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3200BPBOX) (CP-11 110

Just built it....

Tried booting up with just the basics for a start mobo, RAM and CPU....and its not booting...

Both power connectors are plugged in...tried reseating the RAM and trying it in diff slots.....still nothing...

On the mobo the green power light appears and the hsf fan and the 120mm fan are both spinning.....Have I killed something?

When I boot up my monitor is not recieving a signal from the pc to do its thing....

Please help...

Thanks in advance....

does the board emit any beeps and if so what does it sound like. many probs can be identified this way. just make sure the case buzzer is connected up to the board.

Try clearing the CMOS.

Reseat everything, cables, components etc..

Try powering up the system while running the motherboard out of the case on the antistatic bag it came with, that rules out a short to the case metal.

tried the components in a diff pc and they all work.........hmmmm

tried clearing the CMOS still nothing...

can the case to mobo connectors stop my machine from displaying when I boot up?

I noticed when I power up the green light which is power remains on but so does the orange light.....dont know what that is?

case short.....hmmm i will have to try that next.....say if it works outside the case...does this mean I cant use the case I have?

Please clarify

All other ideas would be most appreciated....

Cheers....

this mobo has an onboard gfx card.....im thinking perhaps its knackered.....will test another gfx card.......

if cpu and ram are fine, hsf is spinning and the mobo light is on then it could have something to do with the display...which in my opinon leads to think it *** be the onboard gfx card...

xirokx said:
hsf is spinning and the mobo light is on then it could have something to do with the display...which in my opinon leads to think it *** be the onboard gfx card...

Those symptoms are the same for a dead mobo, a bad bios flash, incorrect bios settings and a few other things. Its worth trying out another GFX card, but your problems are more likely to be motherboard related.

what else can I try on the mobo? I cant think of anything else....

Perhaps the mobo is a dud, will have to call OCUK and RMA it....

I just dont have time to mess about wiv it cuz its for someone else...

Back
Top Bottom