New build PC freezing, audio loop

Associate
Intel i5 12400
Gigabyte B660 Gaming X DD4
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB
GTX 1050 TI
500GB Corsair MX500
1TB WD Caviar Blue

I leave my pc often to come back to it frozen; the audio just goes like when the PC BSODs, but no blue screen. Everything is brand new other than ssd, hdd and gpu. Runs windows 11. thought it might be the ram - uninstalled icue and it still does it. It's a full freeze, almost as if someone's removed a part. It mostly happens when i lock the pc but has also happened once when using it; the keyboard and mouse aren't lit up almost as if they're unplugged, nothing has an affect other than holding down power button.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Windows mem diagnostics found no issues.

The error seems to be related to ACPI from the event log - and there are two "unknown" ahci system compliant devices in device manager.

SFC/Scannow hasn't found any corrupt files

Try reinstalling windows, was having similar issues with my new build but reinstalled and its been fine for nearly a week now.
I might try that but convinced its hardware. I'm getting Error 56 in event viewer "AHCI 2" and "fatal hardware error"

I've gone to run tests on the ssd with crucial's software only for it to say the drive aborted the test?

Try removing all non essential usb devices and maybe update the bios, which bios version do you have?

Latest is F5
Yeah I have like F2.
I also saw there was an unknown ACPI/AHCI device in device manager?
Just installed the chipset drivers.
I've also put the SSD in port 0 rather than port 1
Then will update BIOS.
If not bios what is it likely to be?

Yeah I have like F2.
I also saw there was an unknown ACPI/AHCI device in device manager?
Just installed the chipset drivers.
I've also put the SSD in port 0 rather than port 1
Then will update BIOS.
If not bios what is it likely to be?
Could be anything I would do some testing to rule things in or out, download memtest to check stabilty.

Did enable xmp profile ?

Would also test your drives and Check for firmware updates, etc.

Last edited:
Should XMP be enabled or disabled? I will check now.
The crucial software will not let me test my drive. when i click self test it says "the drive aborted the test". It looks healthy enough though on crystaldiskinfo

Last edited:
Should be enabled so the memory runs at correct speed and timmings.
I enabled it and it caused the PC to not boot.
Reset CMOS it boots
I have updated the bios
Updated the SSD firmware
Windows 11 is up to date
Everything, is up to date (though will double check gpu drivers)
Cannot boot of memtest for some unknown reason , it just takes me back to the boot menu whenever i try and boot
the ram is not in the supported memory list provided by gigabyte but there's no obvious reason why it should not work as all other corsair ram models are listed

At my wits end, do I buy a new ssd, because some people have said it might be failing but then if i pay out for a new ssd and it still happens...

I enabled it and it caused the PC to not boot.
Reset CMOS it boots
I have updated the bios
Updated the SSD firmware
Windows 11 is up to date
Everything, is up to date (though will double check gpu drivers)
Cannot boot of memtest for some unknown reason , it just takes me back to the boot menu whenever i try and boot
the ram is not in the supported memory list provided by gigabyte but there's no obvious reason why it should not work as all other corsair ram models are listed

At my wits end, do I buy a new ssd, because some people have said it might be failing but then if i pay out for a new ssd and it still happens...
What speed is the memory running at ?

Try one stick of memory and test if possible.

1900 at the moment, 2500 by default but ram max speed is 3200...for whatever the reason my board doesn't like that because when i have xmp it wont boot
Boot into windows and download cpuz check memory speed, but you still need to test the memory.

1900mhz is no good to test you need at least default speed then 3200mhz but try setting xmp with one stick.

Back
Top Bottom