New build suggestions

Associate
Hey guys,

just landed myself a 3070 and looking for a new build to go with it. I need the following:

• case (would like a glass panel)
  • PSU
  • mobo
  • CPU/cooler (flirting with Ryzen)
  • ram
  • M2
  • Storage drive
  • monitor (ideally 1440p 144hz or more)
Budget is approximately £1400. All suggestions welcome, this is my first build since 2015!

Associate
OP

Hey,

thank you so much for the effort! Weirdly we had quite a lot of the same items in the basket! Hadn't seen that monitor before but it really looks like a winner for the price.

What made you choose that motherboard over a less expensive one?

Man of Honour
Hey,

thank you so much for the effort! Weirdly we had quite a lot of the same items in the basket! Hadn't seen that monitor before but it really looks like a winner for the price.

One of the best value/performance boards with Wi-Fi if needed , it also has a feature called bios flashback which allows the motherboard bios to be updated for the 5600x to work. If a motherboard does not have this feature then you need another compatable cpu to do this.

B550 Tomahawk will do if you don't need Wi-Fi, etc. The 5600x comes with a stock cooler but the brocken is a great cooler for the money. Makes sure you put your games on the ssd for fastest loading times.

Soldato
Hey,

intel version, 8 core vs 6 due to AMD increased pricing

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,420.37 (includes shipping: £19.62)

still getting wifi etc. Intel does land new CPU but at end of March

same out of stock, 27" vs 32" but IPS instead of VA panel along with higher refresh rate

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...led-backlit-gaming-kvm-monitor-mo-00e-gi.html

Associate
OP
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks again for the suggestions. Motherboard was DOA - nothing to do with the bios just wouldn't do anything at all!

That Gigabyte monitor is incredible btw. Strongly recommended from me!

Soldato
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks again for the suggestions. Motherboard was DOA - nothing to do with the bios just wouldn't do anything at all!

That Gigabyte monitor is incredible btw. Strongly recommended from me!

Should be straight swap as it's within 14/30 day period . And not sent off to EU .

If you want to save some cash bit no WiFi

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...2-amd-am4-b550-atx-motherboard-mb-593-gi.html

But hopefully New Toma gets to you by start of next week

Back
Top Bottom