New build v OC system (ageing overclocker)

Associate
Hi guys and gals,

It's been a long time since I last posted or upgraded my computer, kids and other commitments have got in the way, my computer is on its knees and it is time for something new.

My youngest is 5 years old, I last upgraded just prior to his birth, so I am still running an old socket 939 AMD single core 4000+ with 1gb of the good old OCZ 3500 gold and an AGP gainward 7800 GS (refused to embrace PCI express).

Time to bite the bullet, £500 to spend, mostly for web browsing, photo editing and the odd bit of gaming where games are not available on console.

I was happy enough building my old computer 5 years ago buit I am way out of touch now and i am not sure what, if anything, has changed, though I imagine not too much.

Currently thinking about buying this, to include windows 7 64 bit premium, a smidgeon over my budget -

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-210-OK&groupid=43&catid=1444&subcat=1713

If I decide to build myself, for the same price, how much extra performance can i get, what can you spec for the same price?

I could do with a new monitor too, could i get the same spec building myself but include a decent monitor for the same price?

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Associate
OP
also, before you place the order, get a few posts in on the forums. when you have 100 posts, since you have been here well over a year, you will be able to get free delivery, saving you £11.25 + VAT

Haha, I didn't know that, time to make up some posts then.

I like the set up by the way

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom