New built pc wont turn on....

Permabanned
Guys,

Just built my new system, all brand new parts etc.

Intel Pentium 4 950 Dual Core "LGA775 Presler" 3.4GHz

Asus P5WD2 Premium Intel 955X (LGA775) PCI-Express Motherboard

Patriot Low Latency 1GB (2x512MB) PC5300 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit

my current GFX card is the Sapphire ATi Radeon X1900XT-X 512MB which i am obviously keeping.

PSU - Enermax Liberty 620W

Now then, i rig it all up and when i power on everything spins up, but i get no monitor output, I have tried and tested everything I can, and have narrowed it down to the CPU or Mobo (as its unlikely to be RAM)

Tested GFX Cards, Reset CMOS etc.

Its either Mobo, CPU or RAM causing it. As they are the only untested components...

Anyone got any advice or ideas?

Thanks,

FSB

Soldato
Hmm...

Well the best bet would be to set up your rig, then in turn take out a piece of hardware and replace it with something you KNOW works.

If you system boots up after replacing a piece of hardware, you have found your culprit.

SiriusB

Permabanned
Have you used stand offs to make sure the mobo isn't shorting.
Try turning it on with the mobo outside the case.

Permabanned
OP
This may be a clue -

When you power on the Radeon X1900XT-X as you may know, the Fan spins full speed for around 10 seconds before slowing down.....

Well, when I switch this one on, it doesnt slow down and continues to spin full speed until you cut the power. Have tried this with an X800 to verify the X1900 isnt faulty and it does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mul

Mul

Associate
Surely if the motherboard was being shorted, it wouldn't power up at all?

Do you have the ATX12V Cable, 24pin ATX Cable and 4 Pin molex plugged into the P5WD2 Premium? Stupid question but it's worth a try.

Mul

Permabanned
OP
Mul said:
Surely if the motherboard was being shorted, it wouldn't power up at all?

Do you have the ATX12V Cable, 24pin ATX Cable and 4 Pin molex plugged into the P5WD2 Premium? Stupid question but it's worth a try.

Mul

Yes mate, its all where it should be :(

Mul

Mul

Associate
ugh gutted. Thought I'd check as I'd initially forgot to plug in a molex into my DFI board. :o

Tried each stick of RAM independantly?

Mul

Permabanned
OP
Mul said:
ugh gutted. Thought I'd check as I'd initially forgot to plug in a molex into my DFI board. :o

Tried each stick of RAM independantly?

Mul

Thats the 1 thing i havent tried......

You think its that? :eek:

Mul

Mul

Associate
could be one faulty stick of RAM. Also Used to do the trick getting some motherboards to boot initially.

Mul

Soldato
theFSB said:
This may be a clue -

When you power on the Radeon X1900XT-X as you may know, the Fan spins full speed for around 10 seconds before slowing down.....

Well, when I switch this one on, it doesnt slow down and continues to spin full speed until you cut the power. Have tried this with an X800 to verify the X1900 isnt faulty and it does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

This sounds like a RAM problem. My X1800XT did this aswell on power up, the fan would spin at 100% and not slow down, no post bleeps and no display.

The prob with mine was the RAM wasnt pushed in properly. Take another look at the RAM unless u can totally dismiss it.

Permabanned
OP
Just tried PSU, Mobo, GFX, CPU and RAM on thier own

roatated the RAM sticks and tried both on thier own....

same thing still happens....

Now I doubt its the RAM so getting new mobo tomorrow to try....

:(

Back
Top Bottom