• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New card (£200)

Associate
Hi guys,

Need to find a new card, I've already got a XFX 6850, But managed to pickup another cheap 24" monitor and the card simply can't keep up with the 3 monitors.

So my options are to get maybe another 6850/70 to go in crossfire

Or go the whole wack and get something new, I'd rather stick with ATI cus they are generally cheaper for similair spec's.

=)

Caporegime
I would buy another 6850 and go Xfire. Your PSU is up to the job however the 1GB of VRAM could be a problem but I am not getting into this argument.

If you are prepared to turn settings down in games, then you will be fine.

Soldato
Hmm..

Any advice on a newer card then? 7 series?
You are not really getting away with getting a single card that's lesser than GTX680 if you want to do 3 screens gaming on demanding titles...and that's bloody £400...

While grunt for grunt the 7970 is mostly on par with GTX680, but GTX680 got a feature of reducing the frame rate on the left and right screen and focus primarily the performance on the center screen, which will place less stress on the graphic card than the 7970.

Last edited:
Associate
For around £200 you can pick up a 6970 which would be slightly faster at stock than a 7850. However, the 7850 will be subject to a lot of new driver enhancements (being that it's a recent card), while the 6970 probably won't, plus it will overclock very well and probably outpace the 6970 when both are clocked

Back
Top Bottom