new chair needed

Associate
ok i know this is computer hardware, but it just as important as it what you sit on while you use the computer.
iam looking a new chair to sit on while i play games and use the computer. must give good back/neck support.

I just got a brand new chair and it is brilliant. It is a chrome frame and is upholstered in leather. Tall back, arm rests and very sturdy.

It is an Omnicasa Barcelona and cost me £99 from a certain purple high street retailer.

Just Google it and you'll get plenty of links.

SiriusB

Its been my experience that you need to spend money on a decent chair.

Don't spend anything less than £50 or it just wont last. Around £100 is probably about right though!

Justin

locutus12 said:
my advice: Avoid Argos.

I'm on my third PC chair, and the one I have now (and have had for a couple of years) came from argos.
No signs of wear, and I use it a lot. (12 hours a day or more and it just has a small a*** groove)
It's just a good chair, and everyone who's tried it wants one.
Search Argos online for 6210227 (high back as well @ £89.99)

The two I had prior to this one came from the PC shop in the UK, and lasted less than a year.
I think the rule here is don't pay too little.
First fabric one I had was a waste as the screws fell out of the back, and the whole thing was flimsy.
Second one was leather, and great when I first had it, but the seat part foam just disintegrated, and I was sitting on wood :(

I got my desk from here . They've got some good stuff and are much cheaper than all the other online places I could find. They also happen to have a sale on now :)

Edit - Some of the more expensive chairs look really nice, but at over £350 you would expect that.

14349.jpg

Last edited:
The above chair looks really nice!

I too have a chair that I got from Argos; it cost £99 at the time, roughly 4 years ago. It is black leather (looks synthetic) and it rotates and has adjustable height and reclinable. It has lasted quite well although now it slants to one side more than the other, it also creeks and groans quite a bit now which I find rather annoying.

I used to be happy with my chair but after seeing the one above its been ruined a little for me. :( I will have to look into getting a new one.

Yabsley said:

I too have a chair that I got from Argos; it cost £99 at the time, roughly 4 years ago. It is black leather (looks synthetic) and it rotates and has adjustable height and reclinable. It has lasted quite well although now it slants to one side more than the other, it also creeks and groans quite a bit now which I find rather annoying.

I used to be happy with my chair but after seeing the one above its been ruined a little for me. :( I will have to look into getting a new one.

My old chair that reclined started slanting... its caused by the locking pin only being on one side, so theres more play on the other when youre moving about in the chair. It causes the locking pin to bend over time, and the area where the pin goes in. I solved it by drilling a hole on the other side of the locking mechanism and shoving a bolt in.

Depending on how your chair works this could be complete jibberish lol :p

SiriusB

Yabsley said:

it might help you to know that the chair above is £385 +Vat @17.5% and +delivery @ 10% = £497.61 :eek:

I'd forgotten about the prices on that site exculding VAT and delivery.

We I suppose the best chairs are these if you can afford one.

Over £600, but 'A full 12-YEAR (yes year - not month) guarantee'.

I suppose if you got through a £300 leather one every few years, it makes sense.

The $6m Dan said:
it might help you to know that the chair above is £385 +Vat @17.5% and +delivery @ 10% = £497.61 :eek:

I'd forgotten about the prices on that site exculding VAT and delivery.

At 500 notes I would expect that chair to supply cold beer and hot tea on demand. Provide the user with a selection of the finest curries and have temperature control for those sweaty summer days when fragging n00bs.

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom