New cooler for 1700 socket

Soldato
Hi

I'm looking to get a new cooler for my i5 12400f, games are bringing those temps up to 97C. I never liked the stock cooler, the pad on it doesnt cover the whole CPU. Is there anything better out there thats still air cooled? Possibly with a larger pad that covers the whole CPU? Price, I'm looking at £20-£30.

Thanks for any help.

the thermalright assassin king ak120se will also do the job at less than £20 (£16 actually lol)

benchmarks:

Last edited:
If you will be keeping the 12400f the Thermalright Assassin King at £16 is more than enough to keep the temps in check. However, if you plan to upgrade the 12400f at a future date or simply want to overspec the cooler so that the fans will run quietly it's worth going for a twin tower cooler such as the Thermalright Phantom Spirit PS120 for only £34.79 (all black version is £33.90). The Phantom Spirit has a extra heatpipe over the Peerless Assassin so cools a bit better. The Thermalright coolers are just about unbeatable for price/performance and make a mockery of many much higher priced coolers. The coolers suggested here come in silver with black fans, all black, all silver/grey and ARGB and all come with a full tube of their excellent TF-7 thermal paste. There are higher performing EVO versions as well that have different fans but the normal versions are good enough for most uses. I have a Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB that I used on my old 12600 non K and the cpu didn't even hit 60 degrees C when gaming even in the silent profile in the motherboard bios. Now it's on my 7800x3d and the highest temp I have seen is only 62 degrees and the fans still don't ramp up. They are fantastic coolers.

They also have several AIO's that are very good and also much cheaper than their competitors.

Back
Top Bottom