New CPU block to replace an EK

Soldato
I have an old PC with a 7700K cooled by an EK block with hair cracks around the inlet. It doesn't leak but it could so really it should be replaced. Given we all hate EKWB these days, what's a good alternative given it must support 115x as well as future upgrades?

What's the block of choice?

Lighting is not critical but being able to support 115x is critical. And no, I'm not going to upgrade my cpu any time soon.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Mike I have a nickel acetal EK Supremacy Evo you can have for free. It’s been sat forgotten in a cupboard for a couple of years after failing to sell on the MM. Has 115x, 2011 and AM4 fittings.

PM me if you’re interested and I can post it out on Monday.

Wait….

Are you actually in Thailand lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Alphacool Core 1 is probably one of the best performing blocks out there at the moment.

You will need to buy a separate 115x mount which is an extra £6 last I checked.

Soldato
OP
Mike I have a nickel acetal EK Supremacy Evo you can have for free. It’s been sat forgotten in a cupboard for a couple of years after failing to sell on the MM. Has 115x, 2011 and AM4 fittings.

PM me if you’re interested and I can post it out on Monday.

Wait….

Are you actually in Thailand lol
Mighty decent of you. Yes, I am in Thailand. The Evo is what I have now and it is the acetal top that is cracked so I'm not keen on another one but thx for the thought.

Associate
Alphacool Core 1 is probably one of the best performing blocks out there at the moment.

You will need to buy a separate 115x mount which is an extra £6 last I checked.
Got mine from here and been happy with it. Keeps a stock 13700k with a contact frame to about 80c package temp after ten minutes of cinebench R24.
After I fitted it I found out that they recommend using the stock Intel ILM. Mine was already swapped, works fine.
Had the Corsair one before, works ok, looks cheap, hard to mount because of chubby thumbscrews close to the VRM.

Back
Top Bottom