**NEW EK FLUID GAMING RANGE**

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi,

Sorry but it does not look like they will be doing the VEGA block.

They may release the block directly but at the moment they have no plans. This could be because they were waiting to see how well the copper versions of the blocks did. No harm in emailing as the more people that ask the more chance they will release.

Soldato
Hi,

Sorry but it does not look like they will be doing the VEGA block.

They may release the block directly but at the moment they have no plans. This could be because they were waiting to see how well the copper versions of the blocks did. No harm in emailing as the more people that ask the more chance they will release.

No worries, thanks for getting back to me. Shame, I was looking at getting into water cooling and the EK fluid gaming seemed like a great starting point for price/ performance/ ease...

Damn my FreeSync screen.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
They do some nice cooper kits as well and at the moment we have a vega block on this week only so you could get everything for a decent price at the moment.

Fluid gaming is a decent price so it is a shame but I think they are stick with the water cooling that has a high run rate.

Soldato
Looking to get one of the A120 kits next payday, just have a few things i need to ask first....

What other bits do i need to buy to get the kit going?

Is it pretty straight forward to fit as ive never touched watercooling before.

Is there anything to look out for?

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
All you will need to do is get 1 litre of clear EK cryofuel as the concentrate will not be enough.

The other option is to buy a colour EK cryofuel and use that.

The kit will have everything included. The fitting will seem difficult but it really isn't and if you do get stuck there are so many videos online.

The other good thing is we have plenty of people on here that will be happy to guide you.

Associate
I pre-ordered this kit but the A240R for the vega64 and will be my first time doing a custom loop and with this having everything and not breaking the bank i am hoping it will be fine for a first timer.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Associate
Any plans to bring this kind of styling in to the wider range of non aluminium kit that you know of? Kinda like it over the same plain finish of say Acetal and Nickel.
Funnily enough that's why I am planning to go aluminium for my first loop. I absolutely loved the Fluid Gaming aesthetic and have been waiting for the Vega blocks to be released. I'm not going full Fluid Gaming as I want a 360mm radiator with different fans; the blocks and fittings will be EK but the rad, pump and reservoir will not. I've double checked the materials on the other components and they're ceramic in the pump, aluminium in the rad and acrylic in the reservoir. Should be great once it's together, I cannot wait to get the reference cooler off my Vega 56.

Soldato
Funnily enough that's why I am planning to go aluminium for my first loop. I absolutely loved the Fluid Gaming aesthetic and have been waiting for the Vega blocks to be released. I'm not going full Fluid Gaming as I want a 360mm radiator with different fans; the blocks and fittings will be EK but the rad, pump and reservoir will not. I've double checked the materials on the other components and they're ceramic in the pump, aluminium in the rad and acrylic in the reservoir. Should be great once it's together, I cannot wait to get the reference cooler off my Vega 56.

As long as the pump doesn’t have any contacts which are a vastly different metal... like the pin in the impeller etc. Be sure the rad is aluminium inside also as many just refer to the fins/shroud not internal parts ;)

Presume there are now alu fittings also??

Associate
As long as the pump doesn’t have any contacts which are a vastly different metal... like the pin in the impeller etc. Be sure the rad is aluminium inside also as many just refer to the fins/shroud not internal parts ;)

Presume there are now alu fittings also??
Thanks for the tips.

Yes, the Fluid gaming site has separate fittings in various colours including adapters for 45 and 90 degrees: https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts/

Back
Top Bottom