New gaming pc build to be used for mining.

Associate
Hi,
I am thinking about building a gaming pc to run modern titles at 1080p with decent frame rates. I am not really comfortable spending inflated prices for a graphics card. I had an idea in order to make my money back from an overpriced graphics card. What hardware would you recommend for a gaming pc build which can mine cryptocurrency as well. And should I mine using something like Nicehash? Obviously cryptocurrency mining is very delicate and I am not guaranteed to make the money back but it could make it an easier and justified purchase. Thoughts?

How about you don't waste energy on mining and think about the environment. If you are going that way any 3060,3070,3070ti,3080,3080ti,3090 are all good as long as they are not the LHR ( low hash rate) versions.

For rest of pc

5600x,5800x,5900x
MSi MAG B550 Tomahawk
16gb DDR 4 3200or 3600 mhz
Pcie 4 SSD WD sn850 are good
Seasonic 750w prime PSU. Or Corsair RM series if you want to save money.
Any GPU you can get close to RRP

I am leak testing my pc at moment so cannot link basket from phone.

If you really want people to help you figure out a build maybe state your budget.

Also good luck finding a good card for mining, close to none of the cards you'll find being sold other than FE drops (ignoring second hand) are LHR and not suitable for mining. I personally disagree with mining, it's one of the main causes for massive inflation in GPU prices for the past year, and all it really does is damage the environment with energy being used on nothing.

I am not set on mining but it could be a way to earn some money back from the purchase.

My budget is roughly £1000 but I would like to spend less and still get a good gaming experience at 1080p in all games.

£1000 will easily get you a great pc for 1080p gaming. With that budget you can do something like this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,012.15 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Of course it's your choice where you get your parts, I've seen some good prices on the RM750x which is worth searching for on google as its a better psu (found at around £85), and the 10400f can also be found at better prices (around £130), but everything else is decent on ocuk.
You can also spend less on the motherboard and get a cheaper motherboard like this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asrock-b560-pro4-socket-lga-1200-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-181-ak.html

You could also cut down the costs and get a cheaper microatx mobo like the MSI B560M PRO VDH, and a case like the kolink citadel ( https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-citadel-mesh-rgb-micro-atx-case-black-ca-052-kk.html )

At the end it's all your choice, the base spec to follow though is as follows:

CPU: i5 10400F OR 11400F
MOBO: B560 motherboard, make sure it has vrm heatsinks. Avoid B460 since ram isn't overclockable, but if you don't care and are fine with being limited to the CPU (2666MHz in the case of the 10400f, get it if there's a good discount from the b560, but generally I'd recommend against it).
GPU: AMD radeon 6600 XT, don't get the powercolor fighter unless it's under £340, the nitro+ is better at it's current price (around £380)
RAM: Dual channel 16gb ram, at least 3000MHz, most brands are perfectly fine
SSD: THE crucial p5 (around £75, I recommend this) or crucial p2 (around £60)
CASE: Kolink citadel, corsair icue 220t or other good airflow case
FANS: If case already has fans there's no point getting more, I advise having at least 2 or 3 on front depending on the case size (pulling air into the case), and at least one on the rear to expel air
PSU: As advised go for the RM750x, the psu will be a part you don't change every generation, so it's best to get a psu which'll be compatible with potential future upgrades. The RM750 and TX750m (semi-modular) are also great options

Hope this helps

Set up alerts and try get a 3060Ti FE as not only is it a better GPU over a 6600XT but it also pulls nearly double the hash rate and it's only £369.

3060ti FE is the best bang for buck card if you can get one at RRP

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £643.20 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Add gpu to that build with any case you like look of. If you have any money left over you could look into a different cpu cooler but the Wraith cooler will do the job ok

Back
Top Bottom