New graphics card?

Associate
I'm after a little advice.

I upgraded my PC about a year ago with the following...

Motherboard - Epox EP-5EPA+ Intel 915P
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 530J "LGA775 Prescott" 3.0GHz (800FSB)
Memory - GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS3
Graphics - PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express)

I recently bought 'Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion' and my system is really struggling to run this with a decent FPS.

Ideally I'd like to run some of the latest games at 1680x1050 with a lot of the graphics settings on high and maybe a bit of AA with a decent FPS.

Would upgrading the graphics card acheive this or are some of the other components letting me down? Any recomendations for graphics cards?

Thanks.

yeh go with a new graphics and would also overclock your cpu as if you want to play all the new games at that Resolution then your cpu will be lagging abit

Get the cheaper, faster x1800 XT 256mb, ATI's the only choice for Oblivion depending on Budget, as then you will be able to use HDR+AA at the same time which Nvidia cards can't do, and also get top performance, its only £170, or if you want to spend more get the 512mb one, or even go for an x1900 XT as you can get one of those for only £281, as i said depends on how much your willing to spend, but for Oblivion ATi is the way to go. :)

Using a 512mb x1800 XT here, and it runs Oblivion fine maxed out, 1280x1024 (TFT) 2xAA/16xAF (HQ), and with HDR on, gets between 30-40fps outdoors. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom