New home networking help

Hey all,
Following a recent thread on picking an internet provider, I went with Hyperoptic 500mb and have since moved home.
I have the regular Hyperoptic router. I did not pay the additional £7 per month for the mesh add-on.
My previous home was Ethernet wired, but this one is sadly not.
I have had a read of similar threads and wonder if there is a particular solution to my situation.

My PCIE wireless AC card has decided to die, so I have bought a TP link AC1300 high gain USB stick to tide me over whilst I decide what to do long term.
The router is under the stairs. I cannot connect via AC due to a weak signal. The wireless n is pretty poor and I am getting speeds of around 80megabits with occasional drop-outs.

Homeplugs have been great in the past for me. I could buy one of those and resolve the issue. I have been told by many people that these days Wifi>homeplugs.
I could get in contact with Hyperoptic since I am in my 14 day period for a couple more days and ask for their mesh.
Buy a new mesh system - I am not sure if this replaces the router too? They can get pricey easily!

Looking for general guidance really! I am a keen gamer so need a solid connection.

EDIT: Possibly TP-Link TP-Link Deco S4 AC1200?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom