New iPads Tomorrow??

Soldato
It's arrived. This is a nice device - the screen size, responsiveness and colour is a significant improvement over my Air 2. I'm also quite impressed with the lack of any discernible lag with the pencil, too.

For anyone interested, the ESR case I've got is a good fit :)

Soldato
Mini was the best selling tablet. All the rumours are suggesting a mini 5... we shall see would love a mini Pro.... :)

I would love to see an updated iPad Mini - But there are no rumours suggesting another one, infact the complete opposite - I'm afraid I have to agree with Somnambulist on this one :p

It's arrived. This is a nice device - the screen size, responsiveness and colour is a significant improvement over my Air 2. I'm also quite impressed with the lack of any discernible lag with the pencil, too.

For anyone interested, the ESR case I've got is a good fit :)

Alrighty! That's enough praise of the ESR case for me! Ordered! :D

Associate
I would love to see an updated iPad Mini - But there are no rumours suggesting another one, infact the complete opposite - I'm afraid I have to agree with Somnambulist on this one :p

+1
I guess there's a small minority (or maybe a silent significant minority) who find the mini format a great ideal between a small phone/phablet and an large iPad. Or maybe this group don't replace their kit often enough.

Soldato
I received my new iPad Pro 10.5 yesterday and I must say I'm very impressed.

The screen really is good and the new refresh rate whilst in places subtle makes all the difference

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Just got a 10.5, and while it is amazing, I come from a 9.7, and I'm really struggling to detect the 120Hz screen in action. I don't have the 9.7 any more to compare it with, so although it is extremely nice, I'm not finding it "amazing" (but only because I'm used to the 9.7 which was already very very good). A lot of commentators have been saying "the new 120Hz screen is almost on par with the introduction of retina screens in terms of the impact", to which I say: pish.

Has anyone else gone from 9.7 to 10.5?

I mean I don't regret it at all. The little bit of extra screen real estate is much appreciated, and it's vastly more powerful, so should last me a very long time.

Man of Honour
Mine is at home, shame I don't get to have a play till tomorrow. Haven't had an iPad since the Air so I'm looking forward to it.

Man of Honour
Got mine today (10.5" 256GB Space Grey), could have thrown it against the wall as it flat out refused to sign into iCloud. All set up now and liking the screen. Maybe a touch on the big side for me but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Last edited:
Associate
Was thinking of going 9.7" pro to 10.5" pro, but I don't think i'll bother if its not massively different. I don't need to put a keyboard or a pencil on it - for me its just a toy. Having said that, Ive not seen a 10.5 in the flesh, so my stance could change.

Soldato
Just got a 10.5, and while it is amazing, I come from a 9.7, and I'm really struggling to detect the 120Hz screen in action. I don't have the 9.7 any more to compare it with, so although it is extremely nice, I'm not finding it "amazing" (but only because I'm used to the 9.7 which was already very very good). A lot of commentators have been saying "the new 120Hz screen is almost on par with the introduction of retina screens in terms of the impact", to which I say: pish.

Has anyone else gone from 9.7 to 10.5?

I mean I don't regret it at all. The little bit of extra screen real estate is much appreciated, and it's vastly more powerful, so should last me a very long time.

I have a 9.7 and had a play with my friends 10.5, the screen is instantly noticeable, animations and scrolling are much smoother.

Associate
Air 2 -> 10.5 here.

Really big upgrade. As others said, 120hz screen instantly obvious in a great way. It's miles faster, speakers are way better.

Only slight annoyance are some apps that are not coded correctly and are just blown 9.7 apps (big ones too like BBC apps).

It is really expensive (usual apple policy means surely it's worth spending the extra to get the middle tier storage too even if you dont need it at the moment) but IMHO worth it.

I actually also have a 2017 standard iPad from work. I'm seriously unimpressed with that. The screen is awful compared to my old air 2. I'd prefer an air 2 any day.

Associate
Hi, I'm looking to get a new 2017 iPad to replace an iPad 3, the one just rebranded iPad and the first with retina screen. Obviously lots of negative comments in here versus the newer pads, but I'm happy with the screen on my old one, just the battery is shot now and it's too slow. Surely it's an improvement on my 5 year old tech? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom