New iPads Tomorrow??

Associate
Hi, I'm looking to get a new 2017 iPad to replace an iPad 3, the one just rebranded iPad and the first with retina screen. Obviously lots of negative comments in here versus the newer pads, but I'm happy with the screen on my old one, just the battery is shot now and it's too slow. Surely it's an improvement on my 5 year old tech? Thanks

Get either an air 2 off the bay or 10.5 pro.

Associate
Hi, I'm looking to get a new 2017 iPad to replace an iPad 3, the one just rebranded iPad and the first with retina screen. Obviously lots of negative comments in here versus the newer pads, but I'm happy with the screen on my old one, just the battery is shot now and it's too slow. Surely it's an improvement on my 5 year old tech? Thanks
I had one of these, and have just upgraded to a 10.5 Pro. The difference in performance is night and day, if you've got the budget for it, I'd definitely recommend the 10.5.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Soldato

I've got a 64GB Air 2 (space grey) in the Members Market for sale...

Soldato
Just remembered I have £20 of John Lewis vouchers via that post Sui (get them in the post every now and then via money I've spent on my Partnership credit card), that'll knock a bit off the price of the Smart Keyboard or Pencil when I actually order the new one. Just want to move my Air 2 first...

Soldato
Tempted to replace my aging Sony Z4 tablet with a new Pro 10.5 for it's artistic abilities. Has anyone used the pro and the latest Samsung tab (which has the s-pen thing included) for comparison? Not really bothered by jumping into the apple ecosystem just want whatevers best for art.

Man of Honour
I've had Plex Pass for a while and never done anything with it. Now I have my new 256 GB Pro I've just discovered Sync, I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I'll have plenty to watch. :)

Man of Honour
Tempted to replace my aging Sony Z4 tablet with a new Pro 10.5 for it's artistic abilities. Has anyone used the pro and the latest Samsung tab (which has the s-pen thing included) for comparison? Not really bothered by jumping into the apple ecosystem just want whatevers best for art.

I haven't used an iPad Pro 10.5 but I do have the Samsung Tab S3 and its pretty good, pen seems plenty good for drawing.

Soldato

From what I remember from reviews, the S-Pen has higher latency but they're quite similar in ability otherwise. However when it comes to the software/apps for drawing and art, iOS wins hands down. You can see from a cursory glance on YouTube how much artwork and stuff made with the Pencil is being churned out relative to Samsung or Microsoft's equivalents.

Soldato
From what I remember from reviews, the S-Pen has higher latency but they're quite similar in ability otherwise. However when it comes to the software/apps for drawing and art, iOS wins hands down. You can see from a cursory glance on YouTube how much artwork and stuff made with the Pencil is being churned out relative to Samsung or Microsoft's equivalents.
Thanks - thought that would be the case. Will have to have a play with one and see how good it feels. Tried the tab S3 today and it did seem pretty good with the Autodesk sketch app and the screen was incredible but like you say the sw support on apple is bound to be better.

Back
Top Bottom