New iPads Tomorrow??

Soldato
Thanks - thought that would be the case. Will have to have a play with one and see how good it feels. Tried the tab S3 today and it did seem pretty good with the Autodesk sketch app and the screen was incredible but like you say the sw support on apple is bound to be better.

Affinity Photo, Procreate, using Astropad to mirror Photoshop on your Mac - there's all sorts. Also there's obviously the ProMotion to consider as while this won't change much in regards to using the pen itself, I'd assume it would make panning/rotating/moving stuff look and feel smoother.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Couldn't find an ESR one without the front cover (I just want the back and edges protected), so ended up with this:

iPad Pro 10.5 Case, MoKo CLEAR GRIP Shockproof Soft Flexible Transparent TPU Back Cover Protector for iPad Pro 10.5" 2017 Tablet, CLEAR (Compatible with iPad Pro Official Smart keyboard & Smart Cover)

£6.99 -- it's not fantastic (I much prefer the ESR I had on my iPad Pro 9.7), but it does the job well enough.

Associate
After my initial scepticism I watched Linus's YouTube video on the iPad screen, plus looking at reviews of iOS 11, I decided that it may replace my Surface Book. So, I got a good deal from Vodafone on a 256Gb 12.9" Pro with 15Gb data, will get the keyboard cover and see how it goes. I'm typing this on my 9.7" Pro with Logitech cover and have been surprised at how much use this is getting over my 13" Windows laptop, hopefully the new bigger iPad will be an even better laptop replacement. With the Office suite, OneDrive, Skype for Business, VMware Horizon and other productivity apps now available, I can't see what I can't do with the iPad especially as I always get cellular versions for ubiquitous internet access.

In addition to replacing my laptop, I also use the iPad when flying a lot, having a USB charging option is fundamental and a reason why I never used my Surface Book on the move for long periods.

It will take a couple of weeks to get here, Apple are out of stock of the larger iPads.

Associate
Does office work just as well as it does in Windows? I've been looking at the surfacebook a lot but I may go for an iPad now you've mentioned the office suite being available!

Yep, Word, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Lync/Skype, RDC. Microsoft has become a lot more platform agnostic than under Balmer. I've been able to do all the same tasks on my iPad as on my laptop with the MS apps, I don't know about advanced functions, but iOS 11 will bring even more desktop functionality to the tablet format.

Soldato
Anyone else having colour balance issues with the screens on the new IPP 10.5? Mine seems to be very red/ pink toward the bottom of the screen?

Soldato
Hopefully someone can help me out here, I'm out the loop with current iPads, my mother's 60th Birthday is up in August and she wants a Tablet.

What is the current iPad now? Not looking at the Pro cause it'll be awfully wasted on her and her facebook games plus I'm not made of money, last I knew the Air 2 was the current one, Looking to spend up to £400

Cheers for the help.

Soldato
I'd go for the Air 2 while they're still kicking about just for the display. I'm sure the 2017 iPad will eventually (re)catch up but they obviously still had a lot of first gen Air displays kicking about to sell first.

Soldato
I have an iPad 2 and I think it is slow even after resetting etc. Tempted to get a newer iPad.

What I dislike is this ones slowness and when you go back a page on the internet it never takes you to the exact spot you were last (on forums).

Also, are the newer pads screens better when viewing and smoother when using with finger for access and scrolling etc?

Caporegime
I have an iPad 2 and I think it is slow even after resetting etc. Tempted to get a newer iPad.

What I dislike is this ones slowness and when you go back a page on the internet it never takes you to the exact spot you were last (on forums).

Also, are the newer pads screens better when viewing and smoother when using with finger for access and scrolling etc?

The difference between an iPad 2 and something in the last few generations is massive.

The reloading when going back on an internet tab is far less common too (due to much more RAM).

Associate
Got my 12.9" Pro 512GB in Gold (all other colours out of stock). I'm going to get the Logitech slim combo case for it when they're released over here so the iPad will be enclosed anyway, using the Apple keyboard cover at the moment and find it 'ok'. I find the magnetic connection to be not very strong and so its effort keeping the case and iPad together. I've got a Logitech keyboard case for my 9.7" Pro, and although it does add quite significantly to the bulk, its easy to manage and the backlight keyboard is amazingly good.

Associate
When's the case out? It'd be good to get a review when you get your hands on it.

It's out in August, I can get it for £90 with student discount. However, there is also a Razer iPad Pro case with an actual MECHANICAL KEYBOARD, but its £160 and only available via Razer directly. Plus the connection is via Bluetooth rather than the physical connector on the Logitech.

Decisions, decisions.

Back
Top Bottom