New iPads Tomorrow??

Soldato
If you can afford the extra get the Pro, even if you don't plan on using the Pencil, things like the 4 speakers, FaceTime camera and wider colour gamut make it a less gimped device.

I would hold out a month though - iOS 10.3 has code in for new iPad Pros and that's due out soon.

Yeah I just read about 10.3 having code in for new iPad Pros... Surely that means they're close!...

Will wait another month just to be sure :)

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Thanks,

I know the apple site says they get put in a new shell, but just worried about scratches on the screen

We're not talking eBay refurb quality. The screen should be flawless. I've had 3 iPads from Apple refurb, and they all arrived in "brand new" condition.

Soldato
Other than the box being plain all the Mac stuff I've bought from the Refurb store has basically looked brand new. I don't know how iOS devices should compare but I'd imagine they shouldn't be any different!

Soldato
It wasn't mentioned but I presume this new model will have 2GB RAM, which if you don't desire the Pro features and can live with the inferior screen at least will make it a better experience than anything older than an Air 2.

I do not think this is correct, it is still a basic ipad, the only changes seem to be a single step processor upgrade, and a screen downgrade, with base memory for storage increased. There has been no mention of a ram increase anywhere, so expect tab reloading as default when browsing or application switching.

Soldato
I do not think this is correct, it is still a basic ipad, the only changes seem to be a single step processor upgrade, and a screen downgrade, with base memory for storage increased. There has been no mention of a ram increase anywhere, so expect tab reloading as default when browsing or application switching.

It's advertised with split screen multi tasking so it'll have the same 2Gb RAM as the Air 2.

Soldato
That's a shame that they've essentially taken a step backwards with the refreshed iPad, but to be fair the Air 2 is still a great device and it means I don't have to spend £400 I don't have on something I don't really need :)

Soldato
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/27/ipad-models-device-logs-still-unreleased/

Just a case of when...

Also,

Fiksu said:
All four devices [are] all running either the latest public version of iOS — 10.3 — or the as-yet-unreleased iOS 11...

One thing we didn’t see is tests being done outside of the immediate surroundings of Apple HQ. In the past, we’ve seen tests in scattered locations around the globe — this could mean that the release is still a bit further out. On the other hand, it may be that international testing just isn’t as important for this release.

Soldato
New iPads this year?

What are the chances of Apple ditching the lightning connector and moving towards an all USB-C ?

Tempted to grab an iPad Pro and donate my air 2 to the kids but don't fancy buying now if new ones are planned.

Man of Honour
I want a Pro but it's going to be like £650 or something for half decent storage. For a bloody tablet that I'm most likely only going to use to have a bash with and order just eat (not in that order)?!

Think I'll get the regular iPad, should be good enough, no?

Soldato
New iPads this year?

What are the chances of Apple ditching the lightning connector and moving towards an all USB-C ?

Tempted to grab an iPad Pro and donate my air 2 to the kids but don't fancy buying now if new ones are planned.

I don't think so, Lightning is a bit smaller and they sell a LOT more iOS devices than Macs... and all the accessories that come with that.

Yeah would wait - can always grab a first-gen iPad Pro or Refurbished first-gen one once the 2nd gen arrive for a decent saving. I write a lot of notes so I'm probably going to get a 2nd-Gen Pro and use the hell out of the Pencil rather than get it just for the better display and speakers.

Soldato
I received my new iPad 2017 today and the screen is far worse than I was expecting. I have been using a Mini 4 for about a year and wanted a bigger iPad so this looked ideal but I have already arranged a return and ordered an iPad Air 2 instead. Not sure what Apple was thinking by not bonding the screen and removing the anti reflective coating. It's a shame but I'm sure the Air 2 will do me fine for a good few years...

Soldato
I'm really struggling to decide between the iPad and the iPad pro 9.7. I'm heading towards the Pro just because I feel it will last the test of time longer. Is the 128GB version worth it? I haven't had an Apple product for 5ish years so not sure on the size of their apps etc.

It'll be used for Gaming on the go and movies etc.

Back
Top Bottom