New iPads Tomorrow??

Soldato
So I'm reading reviews on the Pro and very much on the fence but it seems like for someone like me it would be over kill... But I still want it!

Internet use
Watching videos
Reading.

That's all I really use my current iPad for but I just love the audio on the Pro range and now it has 120Hz screen I find it harder to even contemplate the non pro versions.

Edit: Just placed my order of a 64GB Space grey 10.5 wifi with a charcoal grey smart cover. £633.40 all in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caved in and ordered the 64GB Space grey 10.5. £519 including account cashback and I will sell my iPad Air in the week.

Last time I will be buying an iPad for the foreseeable future.

Soldato
Wow how did you get it soo cheap? That combo is roughly £668 from apple

Ordered through the online chat. Said my wife was in the NHS, which was a lie as it was my friends wife, and he applied the discount. Then it turns out he applied the full educational discount by mistake but said because he offered that price he was unable to retract it. So i just ordered it then and there, they didn't even ask for proof.

figured I'd at least try it for a week and a bit. If I don't like it I'll return it. Now I just need to see how much money I could get for an OK conditioned 3rd gen 16GB iPad.

Soldato
Mine currently has a delivery estimate of 30th June, so clearly I've gone for a popular model :p Never mind, no real rush.

I went for the bog standard space grey 64gb wifi only model. I would've thought that was one of the most popular. A bit gutted they didn't do a matte black like the iPhone 7. Would've looked incredible.

Soldato
Mine has arrived. :D

First thoughts:

- The 12.9" model is so big that it can fit all of Apple's T&Cs onto one page!
- Apple are making a big deal out of the 120Hz screen for a reason. The animation is sooo smooth.

Soldato
I went for the bog standard space grey 64gb wifi only model. I would've thought that was one of the most popular. A bit gutted they didn't do a matte black like the iPhone 7. Would've looked incredible.

Yeah, and the 12.9" doesn't come in pink or gold IIRC. I presume it's just a supply / demand thing, given how many more iPhones they sell vs the iPad.

I kind of miss the matte white plastic days of the Macbooks. They always looked kind of futuristic to me.

Back
Top Bottom