New job, advice needed on pay :)

Associate
Hi guys,

I need some advice please :)

For the last 2 years iv been doing an NVQ in catering, its a 2 year course but there is an option to do a 3rd year, i had planned to do the third year but a very good job was offered to me (through college) with the Woburn Estate in Bedfordshire. I went for an informal interview with the hospitality director and my parents and he explained to us what my job role would be, where i would be based, my hours, and my wages......now a new commis chef normally earns between £11-12k a year so i was amazed when the guy told me i would be on £13k a year. This pretty much made my decision about leaving college easier and i decided to go for this job.

I rang the head chef and had my interview with him and he invited me to the hotle/restaurant for a days work to see if id like it. So I went yesterday and had a great day!! At the end of my shift we went and had a chat about the job ect and then the subject of wages came up, now i thought he was goin to tell me how i was goin to be paid ect but instead he told me that the other guy had got my salery wrong and i actually would be on £11k a year. I couldnt believe it, i was ok at first but iv just sat and worked it out and now im not too pleased about the situation.

I dont want to cause problems before I'v even started this job (which is next Saturday by the way) but is there something i can do about this??? (Iv got a formal letter from the hospitality director with the salary on it as proof too!)

any help would be appreciated guys!!! thanks xx

Haylee xx

Back
Top Bottom