New Left-handed Gaming mouse

Soldato
Hi guys,

My trusty Deathadder is skipping all over the place and after 6/7 years of loyal service, I suspect is about to give up the ghost... so I need an upgrade.

Have absolutely loved my time with the DA and the 2x programmable keys on my thumbs-side, have been a FPS Godsend. I actually wouldn't mind having another LH DA? But 7 years in gaming mouse development is a long time, and I'm sure a lot of R&D etc., has moved things forward :D

So what are my options people? Although I'm left handed, 2x more programmable buttons on the right side probably wouldn't go a miss, I can use my fingers.

Thanks.

Associate
I'm a lefty and use an ambidextrous Lachesis as it gives more buttons than the Deathadder. Looking to replace it with a Razer Lancehead soon which seems to be the modern version of it. So the Lancehead could be what you're looking for.

Soldato
My lefty DA started have probs with left click button a few weeks ago (had it for ~8 years!) so I picked up the logitech G903 a couple of weeks ago. Very expensive but has the option to remove the side buttons so I have setup lefty style with only buttons on its right side. So far I am liking it a lot :)

Couldn't see any more lefty DAs for sale and my ~5 yr old lefty naga has a really annoying lift off freeze so it's in storage :(

Soldato
OP
My lefty DA started have probs with left click button a few weeks ago (had it for ~8 years!) so I picked up the logitech G903 a couple of weeks ago. Very expensive but has the option to remove the side buttons so I have setup lefty style with only buttons on its right side. So far I am liking it a lot :)

Couldn't see any more lefty DAs for sale and my ~5 yr old lefty naga has a really annoying lift off freeze so it's in storage :(
Ha, 7/8 years must be about the DA life expectancy then? I couldn't see any new LH DA's otherwise I probably wouldn't be here. The Lancehead looks very nice and completely meets my requirements - have found it, in black, for under £60, which is a bonus.

Associate
Ha, 7/8 years must be about the DA life expectancy then? I couldn't see any new LH DA's otherwise I probably wouldn't be here. The Lancehead looks very nice and completely meets my requirements - have found it, in black, for under £60, which is a bonus.

I think I saw the same deal you did and have gone for it too. The new Razer ambidextrous lacks the really useful extra top buttons below the mouse wheel, or at least I think it does, it seems to by the images of it. Seems this version of the Lancehead is end of line, so I'm grabbing one while I can as back up for my Lachesis.

Associate
Viper looks good but lacks the buttons below the mouse wheel that the Lancehead and Lachesis have, looks like a downgrade at least in terms of buttons.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys! I like the look of the Corsair and I use a lot of their kit; mechanical keyboard, ram, psu etc. but I have absolute confidence in Razer still. It's a dilemma.

I'm going to sneak out of work tomorrow and go and have a look in the purple shirted place, see if they've got the Razers on display. I just hope none of the staff talk to me... last time I was in there I was told when I asked about a Tab 5e not being on display that no one used Android tabs anymore - Apple were the way to go :p Said it with such conviction and assurance too, for a split-second I almost believed them. Almost.

The Viper definitely looks the part but like others have said, is it not more geared to the "portability" side of things? 69g/104g.

Man of Honour
Thanks guys! I like the look of the Corsair and I use a lot of their kit; mechanical keyboard, ram, psu etc. but I have absolute confidence in Razer still. It's a dilemma.

I'm going to sneak out of work tomorrow and go and have a look in the purple shirted place, see if they've got the Razers on display. I just hope none of the staff talk to me... last time I was in there I was told when I asked about a Tab 5e not being on display that no one used Android tabs anymore - Apple were the way to go :p Said it with such conviction and assurance too, for a split-second I almost believed them. Almost.

The Viper definitely looks the part but like others have said, is it not more geared to the "portability" side of things? 69g/104g.
The Viper isn't geared towards portability. It's geared to being light weight for competitive play. Many players prefer light weight mice and the Viper, along with the Glorious Model O - which is unfortunately right handed only) are targeting this market. I have a Model O myself and the difference between this and a heavier mouse is amazing.

Associate
That Viper definitely is nice for the optical switches too, though in the end I picked up a wired Lancehead for much cheaper that is now going to replace my almost 10 year old Lachesis that will now be my laptop mouse.

I can see the point of a lighter mouse but personally prefer a mid weight one, though am not a competitive gamer. Though I can remember not too long ago mice coming with optional extra weights so tastes vary.

New Lancehead is a really nice upgrade from Lachesis, all the buttons are much improved and it's an optical sensor compared to a laser. The top two mouse buttons below the mouse wheel are much improved and something I can't do without as I'm so used to them, they're so useful to map as reload or melee, etc.

Also worth noting the wireless Lancehead only uses a laser sensor as well for battery life, so it's not as good as the wired one.

Soldato
OP
@PC777 - are you using your Lancehead now? I went into the purple-shirted place today near me and they didn't have one on show, sadly. Just an empty display box... I think it's the right one to go for :)

And end of line you say? Its the TE I've been looking at.

Associate
@PC777 - are you using your Lancehead now? I went into the purple-shirted place today near me and they didn't have one on show, sadly. Just an empty display box... I think it's the right one to go for :)

And end of line you say? Its the TE I've been looking at.

Yeah using it right now, feels really nice, even still got the Razer software going after config which I usually uninstall, seems they've improved it. There's a great offer for the wired at a big national chain where it's on clearance.

Back
Top Bottom