New LG 45-inch ultra-wide OLED

Soldato
Anyone interested in a 45" ultra-wide OLED :)

LG Display has confirmed two new OLED gaming monitors will be making their debuts at the 2023 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January.​

So far two new displays have been confirmed, with a 45-inch ultra-wide OLED set to be joined by a not-quite-so-wide 27-inch model

This pre-show announcement was rather thin in terms of specifics, but there were few new details teased ahead of the official unveiling at CES (with LG’s main media presentation at 4pm on Wednesday 04 January).
The new displays will boast a response time down to 0.03ms, leading to potential refresh rates of 240Hz per second, with the company laying claim to the models being the “first-ever OLED displays for monitors” to do so.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm on a 34" ultrawide, and it's too small for my needs. This 45" might be just up there. 16:9 content would effectively show as if it were on a 35" monitor, which was a gripe of mine.
The low resolution might not be a deal breaker, but it's a bit of a surprise. The thing is the curve! Seems a tad much.

Associate
I'm on a 34" ultrawide, and it's too small for my needs. This 45" might be just up there. 16:9 content would effectively show as if it were on a 35" monitor, which was a gripe of mine.
The low resolution might not be a deal breaker, but it's a bit of a surprise. The thing is the curve! Seems a tad much.
Nah, trust me, on a monitor this wide and large, the curve is a godsend, I would not go back to a flat monitor again after having a Samsung G7 now. Yeah its only 16:9, but its very curved and at the right distance very immersive, you do not even notice the curve anymore, only notice that its more "natural" and not "flat". If I went back to flat it would feel strange and just "WRONG"...

The only thing that concerns me about this new 45 inch LG is the PPI, I would have also preferred a 4k ultrawide res at least.

Last edited:
Associate
Makes sense, I certainly do like the 1000R on my current 34", but one of the downsides was the HUGE box. With the steeper curve this thing would seem to take up more space. Wonder if there's any places in town where I could actually see it in person :D
I guess no 4K is a disappointment, but my hardware is only just starting to manage 3440x1440 at 120 fps, so maybe it'll be ok!

Associate
Makes sense, I certainly do like the 1000R on my current 34", but one of the downsides was the HUGE box. With the steeper curve this thing would seem to take up more space. Wonder if there's any places in town where I could actually see it in person :D
I guess no 4K is a disappointment, but my hardware is only just starting to manage 3440x1440 at 120 fps, so maybe it'll be ok!
Yeah that is one of the benefits of this monitor, you will actually, and regularly with a semi decent system, be able to get those FPS into the high 170s-220+ fps, which is exactly where 240hz screens come into the magic of feeling so smooth, with the added very low latency. I think if you are not sat too close, it could look OK. Before upgrading to the Samsung 32 inch G7, I came from a Samsung flat 27 inch 1080P screen. So even going to 32inch 1440p was actually still a PPI upgrade, which I will admit I did easily notice and enjoyed. But if I had to choose a slightly lower PPI or higher refresh mate, I would take refresh every single time, people do not appreciate how much we benefit from it, and not just in gaming but in all parts of our PC user lifes, browsing, youtube, even Microsoft Excel becomes more fluid and enjoyable. The curve just adds that natural feel to the screen, not sure if its the curve or the screen refresh/type/coating on my G7, but I never get eye fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom