New logitech mouse, whats best, PS2 or USB?

Associate
Hey, I've got the MX510 which is a class mouse, it comes with the Ps2 converter which I had in for a while, I’ve now just connected it right to the USB which is far better tbh.

Man of Honour
There are occasionally some issues with PS2 adapters or at least there were with some Microsoft mice meaning that it can jerk a little on movement. It doesn't happen with every adapter but I'd probably use USB unless you are going to be running an older system like Win 3.1 or Win 95 that doesn't support USB as standard but that is unlikely :)

Associate
Im using the usb->ps2 adapter on my mx300 only because i've filled up all my usb slots. :p Handy thing is you can still set a pretty good refresh of 200hz in device manager whereas you would have to patch a driver to get a refresh greater than 125hz on usb. Anyway the MX series are great mice :cool: . Sometimes i start to think the insane dpi on the newer mice are pointless seeing a lot of people are still using the older MS IE series. :)

Soldato
OP
Got it plugged in and running via USB atm, a lot smoother than me old logitech "£9" special, button action is a lot smoother too, very nice feel to the whole thing. Tried it in BF2 and I can now fly the helicopter a lot easier for some reason (dunno wether this is down to different or better quality), but I can now fly around the whole battlefield without crashing, lol so a good result there, I can even land it where I want to (most of the time). The "in game" feel seems more accurate, and aiming is leagues ahead of what I was using before. Well pleased with this.

Back
Top Bottom