New Look on the rocks

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The issue with New Look, is they are selling stuff that is equal/worse than Primark but for higher prices. New Look doesn't offer any specific USP, they are just an over priced generic clothes retailer.

Soldato
for those with willpower, Very (ignoring the dire customer service) offer some fantastic deals. If you have a credit account with them, they are always emailing with money off codes. Trick is to use the credit but ensure you pay it off.

case in point, Adidas trainers £70 on the high street, £30 from very with the code

In fact I think they are having a pretty mega outlet sale at the minute

Man of Honour
The issue with New Look, is they are selling stuff that is equal/worse than Primark but for higher prices. New Look doesn't offer any specific USP, they are just an over priced generic clothes retailer.

It has kind of been weird watching some of these clothing retailers go from something with their own USP and/or decent quality double down on selling cheap tat at high prices, using their established name to enable the prices, in a chase for profits and ultimately is their undoing. I guess it is deserved but sucks for the people employed by them.

Soldato
It has kind of been weird watching some of these clothing retailers go from something with their own USP and/or decent quality double down on selling cheap tat in a chase for profits and ultimately is their undoing. I guess it is deserved but sucks for the people employed by them.

Yep, never destroy your brand!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It has kind of been weird watching some of these clothing retailers go from something with their own USP and/or decent quality double down on selling cheap tat at high prices, using their established name to enable the prices, in a chase for profits and ultimately is their undoing. I guess it is deserved but sucks for the people employed by them.

Exactly, New Look isn't a brand/design that draws in business. They were/are competing in the space of cheap mass produced clothes. They were never going to pull customers away from Primark. in MK we have a massive brand new Primark and it's always rammed, and they are looking to add another (probably the House of Fraser site).

Soldato
People just don't seem to be spending money - 2017 was challenging but the last few months things have really stagnated for a lot of retailers.

New Look just isn't very good and they are getting killed by new entrants to the market like Boohoo and Asos. My wife used to always pop in when she went shopping but doesn't even bother now. The clothing has gone down hill and but the prices have remained the same, the shops themselves are generally a poor experience but even their online has dropped 20% so its not just the usual high street decline.. Those online shops offer free returns which makes shopping online next to risk free.

Back
Top Bottom