New Mac mini / Air is up

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
:eek: I don't think of myself having a large DVD collection but it would cost a grand or more to buy them again from iTunes. To me that is a big deal.

Think he was taking the mick a little with the "Steve" response, in the same way Jobs occasionally replies to customer queries in similar fashion.

Don
Justice? It has intel HD graphics which will easily play any movies etc. It isn't a gaming machine, it's an ultra portable, so what else do you need? =\

You're quite right that it isn't a gaming machine. However, if need requires and say I'd I'm travelling on the train and fancy a quick game of x or y, I'd like to be able to actually play it. Also, without doubt it's a downgrade in terms of GFX has left me disappointed with the revision.

Associate
Just ordered via HE.

MBA 11"
1.8ghz i7
4GB Ram
256GB SSD

May aswell go the whole hog, should last me a few years:D

Nice one.

About the make the same order (-128GB), please give a quick impression/opinion once you've had a go at it :) Would be appreciated.

Associate
New Mini's very tasty. Should be reasonably easy to chuck my own SSD in as the primary drive with the right cables I reckon - tear-down looks that way, anyway.

My assertion to friends that the iPad is a gateway drug was spot on as well.... a week ago I get an iPad 2, today I walk into the Apple store in Gateshead, wave my NHS ID and a pay slip and say "4gb Mac Mini, wireless keyboard and trackpad please". Job done.

Had kind of been toying with the idea for a while, after looking at what I did with my "PC", and came to the conclusion that I could handle a Mac. Got sick of the Galaxy Tab the other week, so gave that to the missis and bought an iPad.... big mistake!

Kept the HD monitor from my PC (now relegated to VGA input!) and am busy tinkering and finding my way around. Seems a far cry from my last experience with a Mac several years back, with the first Mini (sold for profit after a few weeks). Lion just feels MUCH easier to get on with than OS X was back then.

27" Thunderbolt monitor and 11" MBA next please!

Associate
I got my 13" MBA yesterday after ordering it Monday evening. Has anyone ran coconut battery on their MBA and found what it ages your mac to be a be strange? Mine says 24 weeks....

Soldato
has anyone been able to do some complete tests on the mac mini as an htpc?

My particular points to check are:

full 23.976fps support (not intel's 24fps) and bitstreaming all the main audio setups like DTS-hd and True-HD

Soldato
Last night my old MacBook Pro (2.4GHz C2D, 8600M GT without hardware acceleration) was struggling on a MKV Blu-Ray dump of The King's Speech blu-ray... Bloody tempted to get a new Mac Mini with the ATi 6630M in it!

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I just hooked up my air to my 24" display after about a week of using just the 11" screen... It seems HUGE again ahaah.

Back
Top Bottom