New Mechanical Keyboard

Associate
Hi,
This is my first post.Been a lurker for a while though.
I am looking for a new keyboard that is mechanical with a price range of £10-£150.
The requirements are that they need to have backlit keys/RGB
Brown Switches
Razer Green or Orange Switches.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Go into PC world or somewhere similar and try the Logitech KB's then, the Romer-G keys are a lot quieter than blues, as that's what I've had historically, MX blacks, Reds and Blues. Logitech keys are more like a hybrid of mechanical and membrane. Best I've used.
Alright will do. Thanks. also what is your opinion on the razer chroma?

Associate
OP
Never used the Razor keyboards, I've only ever had actual genuine Cherry keyboards historically... but, if it's anything like any of the Razer mice I've owned, then it will likely break just outside of the warranty period! lol
Loool! i was also looking at the fnatic rush keyboard. For the price it look pretty good. all the reviews are good too.

Associate
OP
They could well be awesome and the most reliable keyboards out there, I honestly don't know lol. I'm just going off my experience of paying Razer £120 for the last mouse I got from them, having had 2 prior and all three died, so made a point to never buy anything from Razer again lol.
Lmao maybe you are just unlucky. Although i think we all agree that razer products are overpriced.

Associate
OP
Yeah, think I must just be a bit slow on the uptake at times!

I would honestly go into a large store like PC world though and just have a test of the display models, I did this as I was looking at going for something with MX Reds or Silvers, but after trying the Logitech, it felt more like a membrane but had a more solid and tactile feel of a mechanical. You do feel the bump, but not immediately as it's so subtle. Took no time to get used to and the lighting in the key caps themselves I think looks a lot neater.
Ok will do. Thanks Man!

Associate
OP
To echo what KungFuSpaghetti said, I've always been a Cherry MX Blue man myself, and lately loving the MX Blacks, but I recently paid a visit to a physical store and had a play around on the Logitech G910 & G513 Tactile, and I was pleasantly surprised, they felt really nice and solid to type on, and the backlight illumination is great as well, lights up the whole key so even the symbols are lit well, I personally would keep these in my list of boards to get :)
Ok Thanks

Associate
OP
Awesome, glad you got one in the end and I'm sure it will be spot on. Ignore my Razer phobia, this is a historic thing for me and purely based on their mice! lol

I do believe their key switches are supposed to be really nice to use.
LOL no worries. i Hear a lot of bad things so i want to test it out for myself. It was between the razer ultimate, Steelseries apex m500 or the corsair k70

Associate
OP
I just swapped my Corsair K95 with the MX Speed switches for the Razer Huntsman Elite, really fancied a change of brand from Corsair and Logitech which I usually get and the Speed switches, whilst enjoyable at first, the mis-types and the inability to rest my fingers comfortably on the keys without them actuating really started to annoy me in the end.

Really glad I got it too, the Huntsman is definitely the nicest keyboard I've ever owned and I absolutely adore the clicky switches which I wasn't sure I'd like before I bought it since I never even tried them before so it was a shot in the dark but I'm really glad I got it.

I ordered the Razer Mamba Wireless 6 days ago from Amazon so I could have the Razer K&M combo but it's still not been dispatched, no idea what's going on over there.
Thats cool. The huntsman looks really good. Too expensive for me though. I got a good deal on the ultimate at 77 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom