New monitor for office and gaming

Associate
I am currently using a 27" dell, which has been good, but has no HDR and I would like something a little bigger. I use the monitor for office use and gaming, so any new monitor must be able to do both. I don't think I want to be worried about burn-in, so perhaps an OLED is not the way to go. My other requirements
  • 30" plus - 32" might be a good compromise
  • 165hz+
  • Good HDR
  • 4k ideally, but 1440 probably fine
  • 100x100 vesa compatible useful for my monitor arm
  • PC use, no current plans to use a console
  • I don't need speakers
  • No desire for RGB
What are the best recommendations. The budget is £500 - £1000.

Thanks for any help.

Just got the AW3423DWF myself and for £625 odd it's a very nice bit of kit!

I know it's an OLED but it's 1440p and 165hz which does have some RGB on the back but you can turn all that off - its got less RGB than the DW model had I believe!

Dell offer 3 years burn in cover under the warranty so they're presumably confident it's less likely to be an issue!

Just a thought as it's a steal at this current price.

Thanks for the reply. I tried a DWF myself over a year ago, and it had a weird whine noise from the back, I returned it in the end.

Do you think it was the fan in the back? Not sure if a firmware update has been released to address that.
Not sure, it was very odd. Depending on the mode, the characteristics would change. It sounded like what I understand to be coil whine. Plus, once I heard in the morning, it took hours before my hearing settled. Switching back to my 27" dell, and no problem. I had the whole family trying. It was there, and I managed to record it at the time, as I sent a copy to dell, and they agreed refund after.

I would recommend to have a look at the Alienware AW3225QF.
Thank you, but its still an OLED.

Back
Top Bottom