New Monitor Suggestions?

Associate
Hi All,

I'm planning on getting a new monitor, so I can dual screen it with my current 19" monitor. This monitor will be for Movies/Gaming and will be used as the primary monitor. The monitors will be connected to a OcUK GeForce 8800 GTX.

Any suggestions on which monitor I should get?

(I'm thinking of getting a 2407WFP-HC, but if there are other, better, cheaper monitors out there, please let me know.)

Oh and here's a question for the OcUK people: I see that the 2407WFP-HC monitors went up (way up) in price about 2 days ago. Any chance of them coming down in the next 2-3 weeks, or would it be better to order one now?

Thanks.

Soldato
It is always good to wait. Technology always goes down in price in the mid-long term. You can also get the vanilla 2407WFP that to be honest on papers looks almost as good as the HC version.

Permabanned
No very very unlikely they will go down, you will be waiting ages for them to go down in price.

Go for the Dell screen, you wont get a better screen than that.

Associate
OP
Ezyryder: The main reason for wanting the HC model is for picture in picture, and picture by picture. (I'm planing on hooking my 360 up to this monitor as well, and picture in picture is useful for when I want to look up stuff on my computer while using the 360. If I'm understanding correctly how that mode works that is :))

I'd do without if a similarly good monitor could be had for a significant price reduction, but for only £24 differance, I'd prefer the HC version.

(P.S. I don't suppose there's a spell check function on this forum is there?)

Soldato
I've done a bit of research and if you are playing games (FPS and fast action paced games) they are not that great due to the input lag. They will go down, they always do (although you might be right in saying that it might take a while).

Associate
OP
iamwhoiam: Yeah, but I've been reading on these forums that the 22" monitors arn't nearly as good for movies and the like. And I watch a lot of DVDs on my computer.

Apparently while the TN(?) panels have faster response times, they arn't as good at colour reproduction or something?

Ezyryder: Yeah, the 2407WFP-HC apparently has a 20ms input lag, but I don't really play FPS games only much anymore. Heck the only times I've played them online recently is in co-op mode! So a large delay doesn't really bother me. Plus (and this may not be how it works) I susspect that with its response time and input lag, it isn't too much different from my current monitor. (A Viewsonic VX912 with the 16ms response time panels if I recall correctly. (That's what OcUK said when I brought them anyways.))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom