New mouse and keyboard....

Soldato
Hi all,

I have been using my microsoft keyboard and mouse for about 2 years now and they have both seen better days. While they are both up to the job, the build quality was never great and perhaps its time for a change.

I have been looking at the Logitech G15 for the keyboard, I think it looks a lot better than a lot of the keyboards doing the rounds at the moment, just how useful is the screen? To any owners, does the keyboard have a quality feel?

I have yet to see one of these in the flesh so its hard to decide.

As for a mouse, well I have a wireless one at the moment, and while its much neater on my desk, the occasional lag in games and having to keep a spare pair of batteries to hand is enough to convert me back to wired!

Im thinking about the Logitech MX518 and the G5, I have used a 510 and was quite pleased so I can imagine the MX518 being a decent buy.

But then the G5 looks like it is superior in terms of features and only costs £5 more.

Any advice would be good.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
orderoftheflame said:
518 + Saitek eclipse.

Just been looking at the eclipse, it looks ok in the blue, it seems good value. I really want a keyboard that will feel qulity though (after my rickety plastic thing from microsoft). Does the eclipse fit the bill?

Soldato
OP
GlasgowTitan said:
The Eclipse is awesome, doesn't feel cheap at all. Also OcUK is getting the Eclipse II this week, which would obviously be better!

Just been reading a review on the Eclipse II, in this particular one it does seem to come out above the G15.

Ill keep searching.

Any other opinions would be helpful.

Cheers

Soldato
orderoftheflame said:
518 + Saitek eclipse.

I have this combo and the mouse I can't fault the keyboard on the otherhand... I don't think there is £30 worth of quality there. The keyboard doesn't encorage fast typing - which may be because the keys are further apart than usual.

Soldato
OP
Umm ok, so we have some in favor and some againt both keyboards.

Anyone else have any opionions on the eclipse II versus the G15?

As for the Mx518 v the g5, Im edging towards the G5 as it does seem superior, apart from the £5 price difference, why should I go for the 518 over the G5?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom