New MTB - Thoughts?

Associate
Hey Everyone,

I want to venture back into mountain biking after having only a road bike for the last five years.

I'm on a limited budget, no more than £400 and after spending the weekend trawling local bike shops, the only bike that really caught my eye was at Halfrauds (I'm afraid to say! :eek:).

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_786839_langId_-1_categoryId_165499#dtab

I'm really liking the look of that, and seems to have a great spec for the money.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Is there a better bike for £400?

Edit: Under no circumstances will Halfrauds be assembling the bike, I'll collect it in the transport boxes and I'll assemble it myself, properly!

It's for cross country/trails type riding.

Cheers! :D

Associate
OP
The Voodoo's seem to get a very good write up, bikeradar had it joint first for hard tails, seems hard to beat for the money?

Edit: I'm not disagreeing with anyone, just trying to get my head around so many different bikes as I'm used to a tourer!

Also, can anyone suggest a good mountain biking forum?

Cheers,

Andy.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's a second hand sort of budget really. You'll get somethign much, much better for your money. keep en eye on bikeradar.com/pinkbike as well as ebay and gumtree.

So which models should I be looking at second hand? I'm looking for a medium/large frame.

Thanks,

Andy. :D

Back
Top Bottom