New new pc build

Hey, I'm putting a new build together. Last time I asked about 8 years ago you helped me put together an awesome piece of kit that can still pretty much handle almost anything I thrown at it (here).
I use it for UE4 games development so a lot of lighting builds, video editing, some heavy number crunching, as well as gaming and want to invest in a VR setup at some point.
I haven't been keeping up to date with the latest developments and kit for a while, but was thinking along the lines of:

• i7 processor latest gen (Raptor/Alder) LGA1700
  • 3060/4060 gfx with 12GB?
  • 32 GB RAM
  • 1TB SSD for OS and critical apps
  • 2TB HDD for bulk of apps, games, file storage
  • Water cooling
  • Dual-layer Blu-ray writer (internal or external)
  • Also looking for a funky clear sided full tower case (optionally with space for an optical drive) 2+ USB in front panel and like to keep the cabling tidy so space to hide it away.
  • In the past have always liked/gone for the Gigabyte motherboards and Intel cpus..

I posted earlier this year (here) but kind of got side-tracked and this was the setup I was going to go for but have heard it might be better to avoid 14th gen cores as its had some issues..

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,465.84 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

I'm not too sure what the price range would be to give me a pc in a similar performance bracket relative to todays standards as last time, but have a budget of around £1,400 (not including peripherals or OS) can go up or down a bit depending.
If anyone could suggest a kick ass components list or some other pointers, would be really appreciated.

Previous Spec (2016)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z170 Sniper
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K (8M Cache, up to 4.20 GHz)
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 760 Phantom (upgraded to 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte))
Chipset: Intel Z170
RAM: Ninja-V DDR4 3000
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm
£974

Any help in specing me a new PC would be great..
Thanks,
Mach234 (or similar) :)

Back
Top Bottom