*New* OCZ GameXtreme - 700W PSU!

Soldato
Just wondering if OCuK going to start selling OCZ PSU's again really, just seen this on OCZ website:-

RyderOCZ - 27th March 06 said:
OCZ is coming out with 2 new units a 600W and 700W GameXtreme units that should be very attractively priced, I have Beta units here and they are really nice, silent as can be If you can wait a couple weeks, they should be available.
http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19810

Anyone know why OCuK stopped selling OCZ PSU's? 5 Year Warranty was very appealing to say the least, I was going to buy one myself prior to choosing the Tagan 580W.

Cheers,

Soldato
Nelly said:
I was going to buy one myself prior to choosing the Tagan 580W.

Cheers,

Maybe that's why they stopped selling them - everyone was going to buy one, but went for a Tagan / Enermax / Antec instead ;)

How's that XTX of yours doing? I'm abusing your XT over here - some components squeal depending on the frame rate (seriously - anyone know which electronic components screech?).

:D

Soldato
OP
When I do get another PSU I'm going to try an OCZ PSU regardless if OcUK sell them or not, someone else will get my cash instead! unless OcUK start selling them again within the next 18 months - 5 year warranty like I said is very re-assuring although I doubt I'll stick with a PSU that long lol. :)

Jimbo Mahoney said:
Maybe that's why they stopped selling them - everyone was going to buy one, but went for a Tagan / Enermax / Antec instead ;)
I've just ran this eXtreme PSU Calculator v1.3 with my current set up I'm using at peak 520W, now if I wanted to go Crossfire it calculates 714W then dual core 745W, so basically your looking at 750W mininum! :rolleyes:

Those X1900's really do eat Watts, I'm not too concerned it woudnt have made be choose different, I'll run just a single card then in about 18 months time upgrade to Direct X10 Ati card, by then I'm guessing Ati will be running cards that dont use as much juice, as well as a lot more Crossfire compliant PSU's.

Jimbo Mahoney said:
How's that XTX of yours doing? I'm abusing your XT over here - some components squeal depending on the frame rate (seriously - anyone know which electronic components screech?).
I did buy a Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X but it lasted just under 1 month, the ram went so its currently in RMA for a full refund - bought a HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB so far so good I've had it 4 days lol :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom