New Old build problems

Soldato
Just stuck together some old bits I had lying around so my sister can have a better PC. However I get no output to the screen and no beeps from the speaker :(

Kit is:

ASUS A8V - had since the Rev.2 came out, last known to be working fine.
A64 3500+ - Working, when last removed from old PC it was stuck to the bottom of the heatsink, some pins bent.
2GB Geil Value - Working fine before I swapped out for some G.Skill
6600GT - Noisy card but it worked fine in my dads PC for sometime and should be fine now.
FSP Branded 300W PSU - The other possible weak link - this can only supply 15A on the 12V rail - is this enough?

I am concerned about the CPU - even with the pins straightend it didn't fall straight into the socket but it did go in. I'll be removing the HS to take another look if something is wrong still.

When the machine powers up all the fans spin/drives start working however there is no output. Video card is connected via VGA if thats of any use.

Besides CPU failure what else may be wrong?

Soldato
OP
I can test in another board but it will be a long and painful job (it's either my dads PC or mine :p)

The PSU previously ran a Prescott [email protected], the 6600GT absolutely fine. I shall sort a different PSU on Thursday (day off :D) and see what I can do about the mobo.

:(

Back
Top Bottom