NEW Pay-by-mile car insurance

Permabanned
OP
As usual no one reads and posts...
Quote:
Crucially, drivers will not be charged more depending on how or how fast they drive, and By Miles says they will “never share any of your personal driving data with the police, unless we are obliged to as a direct result of a court order.”

Permabanned
OP
Its 50 pounds cheaper on my 350z with 2000 miles more than i got on my inurance atm hehe.
But thats not a problem Road tax is where the money go thats why i went 2004 instead of 2006 model as it goes to the 550 quid/year for god damn tax :S

Permabanned
OP
Good question. At the moment, we can only cover cars with an OBD-II port (all cars manufactured in the EU since 2002 have one), but we've considered looking into alternatives for classic cars - this will be a little way off yet though.
OOO I see we got sets say REP inolved nice. Next Year Ill look in to the situation myself. Since I take my 350zout of garage for a drive Once a week sometimes once in two weeks. Last few years I was doing 3500-5000 miles so Its an interesting option for weekend blaster.
Assume Telemetry does not change the the insurance cost??? would be no go for me as I take Zee for 3-4am B road fun rides. One of 2 reasons I actually own a car haha.

Other rhing. So if its lets say 200 pound standing charge, so You pay that up front right ?? Then every month You get a bill for How many miles Yu done on that month or how does it work ??
Like last weekend took Zee for drive to Wales and back for... Fish and chips at the beach 7 hours of driving for 3 hours stay haha. So that was 310 miles trip in 1 day,
How does it work in situations like that ??

Permabanned
OP
but how well do they deal with mods? I know your zed is modified, bet they wouldn't accept the policy after that because you know "mods = child killer"

also older cars, pre obd2 are no go either.

from my pov it is nowhere near competitive enough to be worth having the black box in my car. I'd rather pay the extra 20-30 quid a year and have usual insurance that wont work against me in a case of a claim because I accelerated too hard lol
Compared to my DC2 the 350z is Stock :D
I cant think of Any part that have not been upgraded changed in some way on DC2... Well Steering wheel (momo with no air bag) and Recaros ware stock. Even dashboard was wraped/resprayed. Modified electrical harnes ect. Extra chasis welds.

But ye. As I see it Mods like upgraded brakes should decrese Insurance cost. If You got bigger better brakes on car or better suspension car handles better = smaller chance you actually crash it. I can see how POWER mods get insurance UP.

Permabanned
OP
Correct, we only use the miles you drive to determine your monthly premium, not the way you drive them.

Yup, you pay the annual cost upfront to cover your car while it's parked against risks like theft, accidental damage, break-ins and vandalism. The per-mile rate then covers you while driving and that's paid monthly - like a mobile phone bill.

310 miles in one day would be eligible for our capped mileage discount. We'll never charge you for 150 miles a day, so anything over that in a day is free. Equally, if you drive over 10,000 miles in a year, we'd never charge you for more than that either.
Ace.

My friend from Birmibgham will get 1 99% chance.
She drives 2000 miles a year aroud cuty mostly shopping. Now shes new mum.

Atm she pays 95 pounds A MONTH told her to check and came with 380 for Year.

Like 700 quid saved in My Friends case

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I'm nopt sure about all this 'Paranoia' about Black boxes.
As I see it if driving way does not affect Insurance premium as stated by Donnie here It can be GOOD for you if You dont have dash cam and someone will crash in to You.

Lets say You are driving down to Morrisons to grab pint of milk 30mph. Some idiot will crash in to you one way opr the other. You ring Insurance company and they got proof that You been driving in speed limit ect.

If You are afraid of being TRACKED maybe start from throwin Your's smartphone out ???

@ShiWarrior
all depends on individual case. Like In Paulinas case she goes from 1100/year to 380/year dont think she will be drifting 5 door fiestawith toddler in car :D

Permabanned
OP
Difference with a dashcam is your in full control of the data. You can also turn off the GPS on a phone.

By being tracked etc, your giving an unknown party data they can potentially use against you. Legally or illegally.
Guess You know that You ate tracked even with GPS/Location turned off on mobile RIGHT??

Back
Top Bottom