New PC £600-£700

Associate
Good morning great minds of OCUK

I hope this find you all well and winding down for a lovely weekend.

I was wondering if I could ask for some assistance.

A friend of mine has asked me to put together a PC for him, yes, I am slowly regretting telling people I work in IT, and I was wondering if I could ask for some advice.

We have around £600-700 to spend on a CPU,cooler, MB, Ram, PSU, m.2 SSD and case.
I am donating an older GFX card

I know it’s not much, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a build as I have been out the loop for a while.

I read that the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is very discounted, but I am not married to that.

If someone who enjoys this type of thing and has time to throw me a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance

CitizenX

Associate
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £637.63 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

There you go. You may want to say what gpu you are donating , without knowing that we cannot say if the psu is suitable. Quite a few parts are on special offer so may not be as good value next week. 12400f is out of stock at moment so put i n 12400 which is £15 more. Micro mobo so used micro case , can go full atx but it will be more expensive.

You may also want to let people know what the main use of the PC will be. If it is professional tasks then a 12 core 5900x may be useful but if it is gaming then the Intel 12400 is the best value around.

Soldato
Went with an AMD build if your friends ambitions is to one day have a 5900X maybe they can fit it in the budget later, for now you'll have to put up with a 5600. Full ATX build with a solid PSU that should handle all but the stupidest GPU's, excellent SSD and good 240mm AIO, again this will add options later, or you can dump it and save so money now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case: NZXT H510 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Fractal Design Ion Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Total: ~£675

Associate
OP
Thank you very much gang, that’s amazing

It will be a gaming PC for WoW and the likes 1080p , the GFX card is a 1550 ti but would be great to have some wiggle room for a upgrade which has been taken into account.

regarding the CPU just would like something to last him as long as possible but I know I has a bit ambitious
clip_image001.gif

Thank you everyone for your input so far, i will review
clip_image002.gif

Back
Top Bottom