New PC Build for DX10?

Soldato
i read that DirectX10 isnt backwards compatible.. and i was going to be buying a 7900 to upgrade from my 256MB GTX but then i thought there is no point.. seeing as at the end of the year we will be in DX10 mode.

i basically wanted to ask if you thought it would be worth keeping the current machine:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice
1GB OCZ DDR PC3200 400Mhz
Leadtek 7800GTX @ 490/1.35

and building a new one at the end of this year/begining of next with a DX10 gcard? or just buy a 7900 and keep this rig?

cheers,
naffa

sormicoft said:
too much money lol

send some my way :)
im 15 :o the only reason i wanted to upgrade because i thought that a 7900 would have a longer shelf life. i dont want to upgrade.. which is why i want a 7900.. if you understand what i mean :confused:

ahh.. i know what you all mean. im thinking now that i want to get a 7900 because it will last longer than my 7800.. which will be the case, but only by a few months. i dont have any money at all atm and as mentioned above, my exams should be at the top of my list ;) but as you all said, i now realise how foolish i would be to upgrade to hardware which is current meaning a new card, thats still DX9/PCI-E.

Back
Top Bottom