New PC build for Lightroom / Photoshop moving to Video

Associate
Hi all, posted previously about upgrading my PC but now I am handing my current set up to my son and I will be building from scratch.

It's main task will be photo editing, I am a wedding photographer so deal with high volumes of RAW images. Lightroom/Photoshop performance is a must, building previews and rendering JPEGs at speed is vital for my workflow.

There is the potential for it to be used for wedding films as well so want something that is going to be able to handle editing films in Premier Pro easily.

Budget I would like to keep close to £1k but max £1.5k if needed.

I am not looking for a fancy LED set up, but I really would like it to be silent as possible.

I don't need storage drives but will need a fast SSD set up for managing workflow.

I currently have a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 WF2 GDDR5 OC 2GB that I could use in the new computer but only if it is actually going to be a benefit?

I dont need any peripherals, I wont need Windows. I don't fancy fiddling with any OC.

I have a monitor: Dell UltraSharp UP2716D

Thanks in advance for all your efforts again

tozey

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Thanks for the info guys, I have read through it all and come up with the following. I wont need an optical drive and I am thinking the GPU can hold off for now, the video thing is a potential, I am not going to invest in an idea just yet. Some parts I have picked up from looking at others builds so not sure if I have chosen wisely or correctly. Any advice or recommendations appreciated.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,013.09 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Back
Top Bottom