Associate
Help please,

These are my specs right now, including peripherals and hardware. What improvements would you recommend, also considering the new 3060 being released in September. I'd like this to be somewhat future-proof, be able to run most main titles smooth at high settings and potentially VR.

----Hardware----

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
CPU COOLER - AMD Ryzen Stock
MOTHER - Asus Strix B450-F ATX DDR4
PSU - Corsair RM850 80+ Gold 850w
SSD - WD Blue NAND M.2
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8gb or GB rtx 3060 ???
Tower - Corsair iCUE 220T Airflow
FANS - Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB PRO x3 Stock x3
HDD - SeagateBarraCuda 3TB
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32gb DDR4 3200 MHz

----Peripherals ----

KEYBOARD - Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard cherry mx
MOUSE - Razer Basilisk Wired
MONITOR - LG Ultragear 27GL63T 27 Inch HDR Nvidia G-Sync Compatible 1m/s

Any reply at all would be super helpful as this is my first build, thanks.

- Alex ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks bud I’ll keep and eye out, I signed my email up for the info on the website but I can’t get a 2nd gen now I know a new gen is on the way you know ? Ahha

Soldato
Your right, but I’m not gonna lie, I’m really gonna want that new gen gear even if it is much more expensive
That's the big surprise - prices are actually very good - comparatively to past releases and the big performance boost:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/buy/

So, 3060 should be a 'relative' steal - but getting hold of one may be difficult on release as demand may be high.

Associate
OP
I think I’m gonna wait for the next gen drop, if I don’t manage to get a purchase in, I’ll see what price drops there are for the 2nd gen, is anything else wrong with my setup which might defect this build?

Soldato
Your right, fingers crossed, if I don’t get it should I get the 2070 super price drop ?
Well, the 3060 will be ~£100 less (maybe less) than 3070 (pee into the wind guestimate ~£360) and 'may' have a similar speed to that of the present 2080 Super - as the 3070 is faster than a 2080Ti. So, will depend on how much the 2070 Supers drops in price but stock usually drys up as they stop production early - but second hand prices could become very appealing.

Back
Top Bottom