New Pc Build Options Please Give Me Your Advise

Associate
Hi All

Im looking at building a new pc and i really would like your input.
my current pc is

bequiet darkbase 900
msi b450 tomahawk max
ryzen 5 3600
Thermalright Assassin King 120 SE WHITE ARGB CPU Air Cooler
corsair vengeance rgb 16gb
western digital blue sn580 1tb nvme (main drive)
kingston a400 960bg ssd
samsung 870 evo 1tb ssd
kolink 700 watt psu
xfx RX 6800 Speedster SWFT 319 16GB

In my new build i will be using the

western digital blue sn580 1tb nvme (main drive)
kingston a400 960bg ssd
samsung 870 evo 1tb ssd
rx 6800 ( this will be sold in the coming 12 months and replaces with a white 7800xt)

im upgrading because i have had a temporary long term promotion (been doing it for 7 months now) and so before me and my girlfriend make the next step and move in together im going to have a big new build.
this new build will be my last for the foreseeable future so i want to get it right.

ive been on pc part picker and played around with a few choices because there is a few mobo's and two cpu's i like

so this is what im looking at.

cpu choice

ryzen 7 7800x3d
ryzen 9 7900x3d

i know the 7800x3d is the gamers choice but most reviews say that the ryzen 9 7900x3d is about 5% slower in games but around 40% faster in all other tasks. and at the moment i can get a ryzen 9 7900x3d for £339 (thats a tray cpu with no cooler)

i would like to have a all in one because i have never had one. so i want something that can handle either of the cpus. it also has to be white and be tidy. by that i mean no extra cables coming out from the display (if possible). and i would like to spend around the £150 area. but i have never had one so i will be lead heavy by peoples views. i would love something with a lcd screen but looking at the prices most seem to be over the £150 and i dont wont to spend more than £150 unless its really worth it.

my mobo choices are

asrock b650 livemixer
gigabyte aorus b650 elite ax ice (white)
asrock b650 steel legend wifi (white)

the livemixer is about the £150 price area and the other two can be had for around a extra £30. but prices do change almost daily yer i know..

i would like some white rgb ddr5 ram but not sure if i should go with corsair ?!?!? what ram would you pick and why ????

my new case will be the lian li o11 vision white. the only other case i have seen that i liked the idea of is the thermaltake tower 600 in white. but this case is not out yet and ive not seen any release dates.

the psu im not sure about yet, around thee 800 - 1000 watt. something quality, fully modular. maybe something from the cultists network psu A tier list. as this seems to be a very good resource for psu date and tests.

So as you can see this is a white build (or white with a splash of colour if i go for the livemixer mobo) and im trying to keep it clean slick looking.
its time to treat myself while i can and i see so many amazing clean builds on social media (tiktok/youtube) so with your help and advise i will be able to get that modern clean look i desire.

thank you for your time in reading this and any advise you give me.

Hi

I am a bit rusty on pc parts, so others should have better answers :)

This a gaming pc or will you be using it for work as well ?

What is the overall budget ?
its a gaming pc. i play on a 27" 1440p monitor. i play rust, witcher 3, bf2042, beat saber via link cable to my meta quest 2, and the diablo series.
and i have tried to list the few prices of the cpu's and mobos .
the only thing i have not stated a price on is the ram, psu. the lian li case is a standard price from all retailers. £129, but most will know i assume.

You’re looking to spend a lot of money on what would be a very small improvement for gaming

Honestly what I would do is drop in something like a 5700X3D to your existing build and maybe get yourself a nice OLED monitor and then a 4080S or 7900XTX as going from a 6800 to 7800XT is barely an upgrade.

If you are set on AM5 then go for the B650 steel legend and a 7800X3D, the 7900X3D really only should be considered if you’re using your PC for productivity workloads as you’ll lose some gaming performance and with the 6+6 cores config you may run into some issues in games with scheduling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom