new pc build (suggestions please)

Associate
I'm looking to build a new pc for gaming, muiltmedia and internet use I have a budget of £1400 but would obviously perfer to spend less (dont want to spend extra money for very little extra benefit) and would be grateful of any recommendations of parts. I have been looking at components on the site and have a rough idea of what i want but just want to get some independant ideas. I currently have a Shuttle PC and want to upgrade to a Midi-system with PCI-e and SATA motherboard.

Parts i think i need:

Case
PSU
Motherboard
Processor
Memory
Graphics card
Sound card
DVD-RW
2xHDD
Fans/cooling

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thats the problem i'm not sure what is best for my needs....

I only really play Battlefield 2 which is quite power hungry. I dont know what benefit using a crossfire card would be over others? If its worth it then yes. If it means that the card will have a better life span then definetly.

The main reasons for my upgrade is that i only have a 32MB video card, i dont have any room on my hard-drive (which is only 80GB and slow) I also dont have a DVD recorder.

I cannot justify spending money on updating my current system so thought i'd go all out and build a new one which will last me another 4 years.

Associate
OP
just had a quick look at the website and these components look along the right track....

Case - Lian-Li PC-60
PSU -?
Motherboard - ?
Processor - maybe... AMD Athlon 64 3800+ or 4000+ or dual-core?
Memory - 2GB corsair
Graphics card - Radeon X1900
Sound card - Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
DVD-RW - ?
2xHDD - Western Digital Raptor 74GB WD740GD 10,000RPM SATA
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 160GB 1600JS SATA-II
Fans/cooling

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks for the advice i like your suggestions you have made.

Ithink i will take your advice on the PSU, motherboard, dvdr(as i have a philips cdrw) and the connect3d graphics card.

still undecided on processor tho?

and also not sure about cooling???

Back
Top Bottom