New PC Build

Associate
Hi all,

I had a PC way back when I was a young adult, living life without responsibility.
I found a woman, got her pregnant, had a kid, bought a small house without space for a desk/pc so I sold the PC......
I've now bought a bought a bigger house and am typing this in my WFH office.

Point is, I'm ready to re-join the master race and need help with speccing up a machine.

Can someone help?
I really want to game in 4k and I'll want something that can handle most games at ultra tbh.
Those games will vary, from FPS such as Warzone, Battlefield to some MMORPG and city builder games etc.

Honestly, budget is kind of open as I really have no idea what's on the market now, I just recall GPU's being crazy expensive at one point, has that stopped now?

If you could provide this alongside a monitor, i'd be eternally grateful.

Yours faithfully,
Balding dad of a 3-year-old

Here's a 2K5 Intel spec:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,589.73 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

You could get the peerless assassin instead of an AIO, which would save £100+. It just needs a little work to tame it if you run the CPU heavily multithreaded.

Cheaper cases are available which include enough stock fans, like Lian Li's 216 or Phanteks P400S.

If you plan on ray tracing, swap the 7900 XT to a 4070 Ti Super.

The 7900 XT is more of an entry-level 4K card at this point, so you might want to check reviews for the 4070 Super, 4070 Ti Super and 4080 Super, to see what kind of FPS you're looking at in the latest AAA games.
Thanks for this!! Is this still relevant for the next couple of months, will be looking to buy in a couple of months and want to make sure it’s still relevant and not about to be outdated? I would be looking at the 4070 TI I think as you mentioned. Would be looking for a windowed case tbh also.

A lot has changed since February.

First off, if you have not seen the news, then I would not want to buy any Intel 13th-14th gen CPU right now.

I'd wait until AMD release their new CPUs in mid August and we can assess the market again.
Just looked now, thanks for the heads up, been living under a rock apparently!!!

Thanks

Hopefully the end of august will reveal the 9800x3D which is what most gamers with deeper pockets are waiting to see considering how good the 7800x3D is for gaming now.

If you wanted to jump quicker here's an AMD idea. Just add a windows 11 key only for about a tenner.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,043.92 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

4K monitors are not my strenth. i would advise looking at monitors unboxed on youtube for recomendations.

You could drop it a couple of hundred with going to a 4070 ti super and a cheaper montherboard and air cooling.
Appreciate you!

Where on earth do I pick up a key for £10 though the last reply suggested a key was over £100

So we’re getting to end of Aug, and still no mention of the 9800… getting impatient tbh and think I may as well just upgrade to a new CPU later down the line?

Id love a white aesthetic with white lights on to be inside of the case too, is that doable?

Also, I’ve heard about Nvidia frame generation that can improve FPS, is that something the AMD cards have a similar instance?

Back
Top Bottom