New PC, not working!! Help

Soldato
Hi,

I just put my new PC together as normal, fired it up.. seems ok so far everything seems fine so I turn the monitor on, green light comes up.. but no picture!!! I really don't know what could be wrong.

I've got the 6-pin power connected to the gfx card, 4 pin connected to mobo and 12pin. everything seems wired up properly but no picture

Can anyone help?

Can provide more info on request.

Spec.

AMD 3700+
ATi Radeon X1800 XT
ASUS A8N-E
1GB Corsair RAM

thanks

Associate
Give your graphics card an jiggle in my DFI SLi-D motherboard the card sits akwardly due to the nf4 fan and sometimes i get no image and the graphics fan spins up on start up and constally spins at full speed, A little jiggle then it usally works

Soldato
OP
I have tried that.

I have also disconnected and reconnected everything.

Tried changing the ram positions from the blue ones to black ones for duel channel.

This only arrived yesterday!! I haven't seen a thing yet from this.

Associate
One likely common problem which Asus motherboards do have would be the CMOS required to be cleared before booting up your newly built rig. IIRC, it is something to do with Asus's "CrashFree BIOS", which kicks in when something "doesn't seem right".

Locate the battery on the motherboard and next to it, you should see three pins with CLRTC labelled nearby. Move the jumper from position 1-2 to 2-3, leave it there for about 10 seconds (as I'm not familiar with the A8N-E, you might need to push the power button once to initiate the CMOS reset), then move it back to 1-2. Boot up and all should work fine.

Code:
 1 2 3
[* *]*  (default)
 *[* *] (reset CMOS mode)

Associate
Here's some ideas to start with:

1) Check the motherboard hasnt shipped with CMOS set to clear
2) Make sure that the CPU fan is plugged into the CPU fan header and not any others and is spinning
3) Ensure the graphics card is FIRMLY plugged into the PCIe socket
4) Check the 3 power connectors are firmly installed: 6-pin and 24-pin to the motherboard, and your graphics card one (molex?)
5) Ensure that the RAM is inserted in the two blue sockets (the one closest the CPU and the other blue one, sockets 1 and 3). If the system still doesnt work try a single ram module in all the sockets, if that fails, use the other RAM module to try the same.
6) Check the PSU meets the power requirements of the new system, if you are able to test it on another system, do it.
7) Do you have the system speaker plugged in? Are you hearing beep codes that you are able to check to isolate the fault?
8) Sure the CPU is properly installed?

Soldato
OP
Turns out it is my Monitor. it IS almost 9 years old. I used the converter as the gfx card is only DVi but it would not show the picture. Now I'm using this monitor right now on the other PC and this also has a DVi port. So I plugged it in and same thing, no picture

I did use 2 different convertors and the same thing. Guess thats the problem I had.

Back
Top Bottom