New PC restarting

Associate
Hi,

built the new PC a few months back and its been going well, recently i have noticed its started to restart randomly whilst playing games, and today the CPU usage has been spiking to 100% but the temp never exceeds 66C.

PC build as follows:
R9 5900
GPU 1070 zotac
Kraken Z73 with stock fans
Asus X570-f Mobo
Cors Veng 32gb ram
NZXT C 850w ()gold)_ fully modular.
6tb hhd
2x 1 tb m2 ssd

this has started happening when i play escape from tarkov and New world, however it isn't consistent. i've updated all my drivers and potentially it could be an issue with the PSU according to similar posts in other locations. everything is wired correctly.

I don't know why the cpu is overheating with all the airflow i have going through the case but for some reason it jumps from 44 to 64 in a second, then causes the pc to reset.

anyhelp would be appreciated.

edit:
User benchmark tested teh cpu and no issues when the cpu hit 100% usage
cinebench R23 cpu 100% max temp 65C
The computer shuts down on Escape from Tarkov and New World beta, however until last week i was playing these games all well and good. PC hasn't been moved.

Edit2:
Edit: I checked windows event log and it showed criticals under Event 41 Kernel-Power - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have now tested the RAM, a few connections and fresh windows install with all new drivers. i just ordered a new PSU to change out my current one. Anyone got any further advice what might be causing the issue?

Associate
Just had a similar issue (kernel power crashes) turned out to be my motherboard, but could quite easily be PSU or anything hardware. As for temps, my 5900x can hit a max of 85c while gaming but usually averages in the 70's so yours is running quite a bit cooler. Have you tried stressing gpu only? Might be worth updating mb (edit) bios, rolling back GPU drivers.
Edit: it was easier for me to fault find because while tearing the system down found what looks like fan bearing fluid on the motherboard and oil on a fan hub. If the psu doesn't help, might be worth taking to a shop if you haven't got spare, compatible pc bits hanging around.
Anyways hope the psu sorts it, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Associate
Given that you tested with 100% CPU load and no restart, but gaming causes a restart, that seems to point to the graphics card.

Have you stress tested that? Try Heaven or Valley benchmarks, or 3DMark.

Associate
OP
Well i've tested the hardware i can,it all seems good. Tne Next fix will be the PSU, if that doesn't work then it would be the pc shop. New world seems to be working now, im hoping its an error with the tarkov files, i have fully reinstalled it now. The GPU has performed under stress tests with no issues and its been fairly reliable... i really hope its not the mob... thats way to much effort to replace, plus its super new.

I used superposition from Ungine as well

edit:
Ran Valley, 4 times in a row. nothing at all, managed to get 70C on the 1070 but it was fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try turning off the core performance boost in the bios so it locks the CPU at base clocks or set a static overclock of like 4.4ghz for a few days and see if you still have crashes.

Back
Top Bottom