New PC / Windows 11 / Valorant

Associate
Ay up folks,

I'm looking at buying a new PC from Overclockers but I have a couple of quick questions I'm hoping someone can give me answers to...

1. I notice all the PC's on here come with Windows 11, is this the only OS you can have? Or is there some option I'm missing where you can select Windows 10 instead?
  2. The reason I ask this is because the PC will mainly be used for playing the Esports game 'Valorant', and one thing I've read numerous times on the internet over the last year is that Valorant & Windows 11 don't tend to get along too well, mainly due to issues with 'TPM 2.0' & 'Secure boot'. (The 'issues' being that these two things need to be enabled/activated).
  3. The PC will be a gift for someone & I'm hoping as they'll be able to just open it up, plug it in, download Valorant & away they go... So do PC's from Overclockers come with TPM 2.0 & Secure boot already enabled/activated (Which would be hugely helpful), or is this something that needs to be done by the person receiving the PC?
Many thanks in advance for any answers!

Man of Honour
if you buy a windows 11 pc from ocuk it will not have any issues with running valorant re: TPM 2.0 and secure boot

windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 and secure boot to install by default (there are ways to bypass this ofc)
it's these unsupported PCs that bypass these checks that valorant has issues with

Associate
OP
if you buy a windows 11 pc from ocuk it will not have any issues with running valorant re: TPM 2.0 and secure boot

windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 and secure boot to install by default (there are ways to bypass this ofc)
it's these unsupported PCs that bypass these checks that valorant has issues with
I see. I did wonder how come for some people Valorant worked fine on Windows 11 yet for other people they had problems, but if they've been trying to bypass using TPM 2.0 & Secure boot (Which I believe are something to do with stopping hacking? Although I could be completely wrong on that!) then it makes sense why some people had problems.

Great to know as a PC from Overclockers will come with TPM 2.0 & Secure boot already enabled/activated, I was dreading the persons who the PC is for excitement turning to despair when they could just play their game out of the box.

Thanks for the helpful reply!

Man of Honour
I see. I did wonder how come for some people Valorant worked fine on Windows 11 yet for other people they had problems, but if they've been trying to bypass using TPM 2.0 & Secure boot (Which I believe are something to do with stopping hacking? Although I could be completely wrong on that!) then it makes sense why some people had problems.

Great to know as a PC from Overclockers will come with TPM 2.0 & Secure boot already enabled/activated, I was dreading the persons who the PC is for excitement turning to despair when they could just play their game out of the box.

Thanks for the helpful reply!
no worries :)

if valorant detects that the game is being run on win 11, then it will automatically check for TPM 2.0 and secure boot - if either of these are not enabled or bypassed then valorant will not run

by installing win 11 legitly, TPM 2.0 and secure boot has to be enabled by default
the problem is "smart" people thinking they can bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot and install windows 11 on incompatible systems - it's these users that are having issues

Back
Top Bottom