New PSU opinions

Associate
Hi, i'm interested in upgrading my PSU since i've meant to do it for ages and now the noisy thing is getting on my nerves. What would you guys reccomend as the best PSU around now for about £50. I'm looking to go AM2 dual core with a DX10 GPU by the end of the year, so i guess 480w would be a minimum right? Also, the quieter the better!

Associate
OP
Here's more praise for the Hiper :
Toms Hardware PSU test
I still cant gauge its noise levels, could anyone who has one give me your opinions? Also, what connectors does it have? I currently have a 20 pin motherboard but will be upgrading to a dual core AM2 by the end of the year, with a possibility of dual GPUs in the future, so does it have all the neccesary cables for that path?
Thanks!

Associate
OP
It seems to be ok for AM2, I cant see it drawing much more than a high end pentium 4 and 7800gtx SLI which reviews have said it handles. Upon digging around for noise levels i found a few conflicting reviews such as this:
Custom PC
I usually trust Custom PCs reviews as they have served me well in the past, but this seems a little too brief to draw conclusions from.
KizZ, your sig says you have one, what are your experiences?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom