New rig up and running (more or less)

Suspended
Finally got my DFI Ultra-D, Opteron 146 and X1800XT to start up yesterday. It turned out its a generic problem with the smartpower psu's so i bought a hiper R 580watt yesterday.
Just a few points really -

1. When I put my graphics card in the top pci-e slot im sure it covered the chipset fan and even made it stop, this caused quite a few blue screen when i started trying to install XP. Moved it to the bottom one and changed the jumpers and its fine now but it rammed right up against my audigy card.

2. Ive installed omega 6.2 drivers (then cat 6.2) and reforce refresh rate lock to get battlefield 2 working in 60hz mode under 800x600 but its not playing games because it keeps defaulting to 100hz. This morning I uninstalled all ati software and will put my old drivers on just to get battlefield working. Does anyone know in the video.con file how to change the refresh rate to say 1024x768 in 120hz?

3. Most programs are installed that i mainly need like norton, mouse stuff etc.

4. Which is the best bios for overclocking? at the moment instead of seeing a boot screen I have got a low quality picture of 'DFI Lanparty'

5. Im running at 200x10 (default) but I had a look in the bios and couldnt find a divider, to say run at 270x10 166 divider. There is a multiplier this that goes up to 5X though, is this the same thing?

6. Im not sure whether its the chipset fan or arctic freezer64pro but there is definatley 1 fan that is very annoying. Not loud, just an annoying noise

7. I tried FEAR in 1600x1200 everything maxed out with 4aa and 16af. It gets 35fps average. Im not sure but this sounds ok i think to say its not been overclocked yet

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
semi-pro waster said:
I don't know about the best bios but I'd edit the swearing out of point 4. if I was you :)

Point 1. can you not move your Audigy further down the PCI slots or maybe switch it for another lower profile card if that is in one of the other slots?

Point 6. you could try stopping the fan with your finger for a second but probably not the best of ideas as it can cause them to break. Can you not alter the fan speed of the Arctic Freezer? If so that is by far the best idea to test with.

i must be able to. I looked in the bios and the speed goes to max when cpu temp is over 50c

Back
Top Bottom